Is one of them better? I have Dunlop 65 Lemon Oil, and some SIT orange oil. Any pros/cons between the two? Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
^^^^This
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
They're exactly the same, except one has E-limonene in it and the other has Z-limonene, making them smell (and, if you really want to try it, taste) different. Other than that, they are exactly the same, and it comes down to which you prefer the smell of.
They are both just mineral oil with some added fragrance. Doesn't matter which you pick.
I've never played a Lemon Oil, but I quite like Orange, always wanted an OR50. But they're a bit overpriced if you're stateside.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

As long as you're using cleaner bought from a guitar store for guitar, it doesn't really matter.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by mcraddict81592
I've never played a Lemon Oil, but I quite like Orange, always wanted an OR50. But they're a bit overpriced if you're stateside.

Someone told me lemon makes a nice OR50 like amp. A bit cheaper here.

Apparently they sound great in stereo.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

so when you buy a lemon amp, is it considered GOOD if the particular amp turns out to be a lemon?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Don't actually use anything that contains real lemon oil. It's pretty bad for the guitar over a long period.
Quote by WtrPlyr
proof?

On the bottle, it quite often says "Do not use on maple fretboards".

I don't know what it does, but if it says that on the bottle, I'm taking their word for it. They're gunna know more than us.

I can't find any proof apart from similar topics on other forums, so you can either take my word for it or possibly damage your guitar.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Hmm, dunno. People have been using lemon oil on woods, furniture etc for decades. Doubt it would hurt it.

True, but I doubt they would print it on the bottle if there wasn't some truth in it. I think it's advertised as lemon oil but I don't think there's any lemon in it. It's more of a brand if you like.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

I don't know what it does, but if it says that on the bottle, I'm taking their word for it. They're gunna know more than us.

I can't find any proof apart from similar topics on other forums, so you can either take my word for it or possibly damage your guitar.

so dont use it on a maple fretboard...for rosewood it shold be fine
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

because of the grain of maple, and the density and all those tiny things, that it should not be used on maple.

many people use it on rosewood fretboards with great success, and it even darkens up the rosewood alittle.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Don't actually use anything that contains real lemon oil. It's pretty bad for the guitar over a long period.

Actual real lemon oil yes will do damage. Don't use oil made from actual lemons!

But the commercial stuff you buy, like the Dunlop 65 is actually light mineral oil with some fragrance, which is perfectly fine for rosewood and ebony.
Last edited by Phoenix V at Aug 8, 2011,
Quote by 00_hns_00
because of the grain of maple, and the density and all those tiny things, that it should not be used on maple.

many people use it on rosewood fretboards with great success, and it even darkens up the rosewood alittle.

Bingo! Just wanted to add that maple fretboards usually has some sort of finish on them so that's the other reason we don't recommend it. It probably won't damage the finish but there are more suitable products to use for maple fretboards with finishes.
Quote by Remington_A
Bingo! Just wanted to add that maple fretboards usually has some sort of finish on them so that's the other reason we don't recommend it. It probably won't damage the finish but there are more suitable products to use for maple fretboards with finishes.

wow, the f'ing manufacturer showed up!

no disrespect, but we like to keep our faith in misleading statements, tossed chicken bones and ignorant guessing

but seriously, thx dude.

edit: sorry. 00_hns_00 should get a shout out too cuz that answer was balls on-topic.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae