at least I dont think the set I got is.

they sound pretty great for the price I paid, I got the jimi reverse staggers and I think theyre a world better than the stock MIM pickups, especially clean.

but overdriven anywhere past bedroom or low jam session volume, its hard to keep from having horrid icepick microphonic feedback, and wah pedals seem to like to make it feed back a slight amount at certain points too when overdriven (but its not consistent so long as theres not too much gain).

A lot of times I like pushing the amps overdrive with a fuzz or overdrive pedal as a boost, and I feel like when I get into playing out or something, it may prove unusable.

so pretty much im planning on attempting to pot them myself with some paraffin wax and beeswax, probably this sunday. the claim they use fiber bobbins, so im assuming it wont melt using a double boiler and being careful.

I just dislike that theyre one of the few sets that seem to not be potted from GFS, I guess you really have to be careful about what you order from them if you have expectations like that.

but yeah, im assuming since the problem is only occurent with gain, and it didnt look like the pickups were potted that wax potting them will fix it. I dont care if it changes the tone to be less airy (granted I like the airyness on the cleans), because I need these pickups to handle gain well (not too much, not looking for metal here, I can already get gritty blues no problem, but psychedelic rock and such can be too much for them at high volumes)
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
The pickups I get from them are always potted, when I adjust the posts wax comes out.

Maybe send them a message and see what they say/can do for you.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
message sent to gfs. but what makes me think that theyre not potted is that other pickups on their site are advertised to be potted while this set wasnt, and I sort of just assumed it was.

1960 repro sets clearly states beeswax potted

http://www.guitarfetish.com/1960s-Repro-Overwound-Alnico-Hot-Strat-Pickup-Set_p_10.html

http://www.guitarfetish.com/1960s-Repro-Premium-Alnico-Strat-Pickup-Set_p_11.html

while the jimi reverse set does not

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Jimi-Reverse-Stagger-Alnico-Premium-Pickup-Set_p_441.html

and is a couple bucks cheaper, which might account for them not being potted.

its not that huge of a deal if they're not. in fact Id say its a much bigger deal if they are and im still getting this feedback. Im not trying to do metal, just blues-blues/rock stuff at the most with this guitar, and its still feeding back especially at high volumes with gain.

if they're not potted, like I said, I plan to do it myself... people seem to be saying its not that difficult with a bit of wax and a double boiler
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q