You've probably all seen a million pictures of these so I'll spare you and just give you the Jazz "family shot".

I traded my Gallien Krueger MB200 for the Squier VM Jazz a few hours ago. I have to say it was totally worth getting up at 10:30 am to drive and get it. More or less equal in build quality to my MIM Fretless. The maple fretboard plus the black binding and block inlays is absolutely gorgeous too. Actually the whole thing is pretty. I love the grain on maple, the back of the neck is super grainy.
I forgot how much I love all-maple basses too (yes I count "soft maple") there's this snappy high and high-mid bump you don't get out of alder and ash, it's got a nice distinctive "growl" all on it's own.
I might flip this one down the line and grab the five string that just came out. I'll see how I go.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I would go for the 5 just cuz you already have a fretted 4 string jazz. hnbd.
no sir away a papaya war is on
daaang, you need some precision up in ther!
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by jimihendrix6699

How's this?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
How's this?

BBRRRIILLLLIIAANT
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
Quote by jimihendrix6699

aww snap! he showed you!

HNBD! all lookin damn sexy
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
You can have too many ostriches, but never too many jazz basses.

Hope you enjoy that little fella as much as I do. I bought a VM jazz when they first came out and it has outlasted a couple pretty decent knock offs and even a MiM jazz deluxe. Folks who think tone wood doesn't make a big difference haven't tried one of these little maple monsters out; they have a feel and sound all their own that makes them stand out a bit from other jazzes.
Agreed totally. Tone wood matters, a lot. If Fender pumped out a higher-end maple Jazz I'd be on it like stink on shit.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
That reminds me that I sold my Mexican Jazz for a Japanese JBV.

EDIT: HBND and is that picture behind the P Final Fantasy related.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Aug 6, 2011,
Lol, yup. It's a 2010 callender that EB Games gave to me when I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII. I haven't been bothered to take it down but my girlfriend flips it over every month, I still get the right date but just a day behind.

Hows the JBV? It's on my short-list for a new fiver but I havent seen them online anywhere for a while now.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
How's this?

well that's just fine
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by Radtastic89
Whats your blue jazz bass ? I want it.

Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass.

Btw... noob question but I never understood what the big silver piece of metal near the neck on the Classic Vibe was.
Quote by PandamoniumXT
Squier Classic Vibe Jazz Bass.

Btw... noob question but I never understood what the big silver piece of metal near the neck on the Classic Vibe was.

Like shit it is. It's a Fender JB75-US. It's a Fender Japan model, only meant for sale over there so I had to import it. One like mine will run you around $1100-1300ish new. And the metal bits a pickup cover. Mainly for aesthetics.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Lol, yup. It's a 2010 callender that EB Games gave to me when I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII. I haven't been bothered to take it down but my girlfriend flips it over every month, I still get the right date but just a day behind.

Hows the JBV? It's on my short-list for a new fiver but I havent seen them online anywhere for a while now.

You've reminded me to pre-order XII-2.

Anyways my JBV is heavily modified from the P-bass neck, Basslines Active For 5 String Jazz Bass pickups, Hipshot A Style bridge, Gotoh Res-o-lite tuners, and Audere JZ6D pre-amp. The former owner said that he did all the work on bass so for $850 it's a nice bass.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I don't like Jazz basses, therefore there is such a thing as "too many Jazz Basses".
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I don't like Jazz basses, therefore there is such a thing as "too many Jazz Basses".

Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
HNBD!!

I'm selling my MiM Fender Jazz right now... i love J/J basses... just not 'Jazz Basses'.

For me, "You can never have enough shortscale".
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."