I want to start playing to drum tracks so that i can get a feel for what genre i want to stick with. The question is, what would be suitable to use? Do any of you guys know of any free drum track software, or should i just use guitar pro and play along to that?
Why use drum tracks for that? Surely it would be easier to listen to a whole load of music until you end up saying to yourself "You know what? THAT is awesome. I want to be able to do THAT.". If you don't feel like you can stick to one genre then why do that?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What Zaphod said.

If you like songs from different generes learn them, the more different stuff you can learn the more well rounded you´ll get as a guitarist.

That´s what most people do and that´s what make every guitarist unique, me and my friend for example. He likes playing Metal and classical. So you can hear from his sound. I like playing Metal,Funk, Jazz and Blues. Therefor you might catch a little of every style like that in my playing.

Simple answear though, if you like something: Learn it. There is no point not learning anything you like cause it´s a different genre then the one you play.