hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of a good amp for me to upgrade to? currently, i play my schecter c-1 plus through a line 6 spider III 30 watt amp, but i'm looking to get an amp that could do my guitar some justice. though flexible, my goal is to find one that is somewhere between $500 and $800, though ultimately i am looking for the best, not necessarily the cheapest. looking for either a stack or tube amp, preferably. in terms of tone, i play mostly grunge and punk, with the occasional metal song here and there. any ideas? all responses are welcome. thanks!

garnchu
Check out the Blackheart BH100H Head & the Blackheart HB412 4x12 Cab.

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BLA-BH100H-LIST
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BLA-BH412SX-LIST

I know I've been suggesting these a lot the past few days, but for good reason. They're really really solid and versatile amps.. And they're well worth the price.
Look for a used Mesa Mark combo or a DC combo.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i checked out the blackstars, and they seem like a very promising option. i mean marshalls seem like the iconic rock amp, but they are often over priced, in my opinion. i'll look into the orange as well, i've never tried one of those out. thanks!
garnchu
sine metu - "without fear"
Quote by garnchu
yeah i checked out the blackstars, and they seem like a very promising option. i mean marshalls seem like the iconic rock amp, but they are often over priced, in my opinion. i'll look into the orange as well, i've never tried one of those out. thanks!

Orange amps are more overpriced than Marshalls in the US.
I didn't like the Blackstar amps I tried at all.
Jet City makes some good affordable gear, you should check them out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Tweaker 40 is out GC, Sweetwater, should be pretty good, lot o bass
would still need a 2x12
Quote by Robbgnarly
Orange amps are more overpriced than Marshalls in the US.
I didn't like the Blackstar amps I tried at all.
Jet City makes some good affordable gear, you should check them out.

orange is wicked expensive but the one i recommend is actually only $800 for a heady. and with marshall, you pay for the name but there is also a huge amount of quality and tone that goes into them.