does anyone know how to replicate the sound of unholy confessions? i have a spider III 30 watt amp and some boss/digitech hardwire distortion pedals, along with a schecter c-1 plus. that being said, i am looking to upgrade my amp to either a marshall or blackstar (tube or stack), and any input on the proper pedals to use would be much appreciated, as well. thanks!
garnchu
sine metu - "without fear"
Plug your guitar into a chainsaw...turn the chainsaw on...and grind it against a metal pole while playing. That should do the trick!
Epiphone G400 (EMG 81/85)
Line 6 Spider IV 120W

SUNDERLAND

Alter Bridge - 26/11/11 <3

You might win one battle, But know this... I'LL WIN THE F*CKING WAR!!
Budget?

A Jet City will do, that's what they (well at least one of the guitarists) is using right now.
If you're serious about actually getting their tone, I'd save up for the Uberschall. I know they recorded with that a lot.

Another good option for a lot cheaper would be a Marshall DSL100 with a few pedals. Boosting the lead channel with a Boss SD-1, and using a chorus pedal on the clean channel, and you should get pretty close.

Personally I think that Syn's playing style has a lot to do with their tone, so don't expect to ever nail it dead on or anything.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ lol. He sounds like he doesn't know shit about gear.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
^ lol. He sounds like he doesn't know shit about gear.

True.

"It's drop D down half a step."

"............So it's drop C# then...."

"Eh........right."
Quote by Steve635z
True.

"It's drop D down half a step."

"............So it's drop C# then...."

"Eh........right."

.....Or Drop Dd.
i wanna say (at least for Syn) he was using Gibson LP Customs back then. as for amps, they've been using Uberschalls forever. I think they got an endorsement from marshall to so i think they started using the JVMs recently. as for As for EQ, boost your bass and treble and roll back the mids. Preferably on something besides a Spider 3.
jesus christ. a schecter c-1 with a spider 15? are you kidding me? how does that even produce music. i would think the spider 15 would just combust after a few hours of noise. your not gonna get a good tone out of it either way...dont worry about tone unless you have the money just work on your skill.

EDIT: my bad totally did not see the part where you said you were gonna upgrade. if you truly are then...get a jet city 50H thats what zacky is using i believe(?)Its only 499.99 it will get you those heavy tones you want.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Last edited by GoodOl'trashbag at Aug 7, 2011,
I'd think any tube amp with a good distortion pedal would get you there. Maybe a little bit of chorus.
que why would you need a distortion pedal on a tube amp...just use a tube overdrive...to tighten things up a bit dont use a full on distortion..leave the distortion up to the amp itself.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by shecter guy
i wanna say (at least for Syn) he was using Gibson LP Customs back then. as for amps, they've been using Uberschalls forever. I think they got an endorsement from marshall to so i think they started using the JVMs recently. as for As for EQ, boost your bass and treble and roll back the mids. Preferably on something besides a Spider 3.

This guy knows what's up.
Syn's gear was a lot different now than what it was when they recorded unholy confessions. They weren't using marshalls back then, and Syn used pretty much any guitar other than schecters then. Not to say that you couldn't get a similar tone with a schecter, though
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Get a Jet City JCA 20 or 50 and then have a fiddle with that
Thank you simpleben. I like to consider myself a pretty big fan of a7x they had a bit more generic metal tone back then (to me). Jet City might get you there with a boost. idk. havent heard had much experience with them yet.
Paint your fingernails black...should do it for ya.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by JesusCrisp
Budget?

A Jet City will do, that's what they (well at least one of the guitarists) is using right now.

some-what incorrect. Zacky vengeance is using one on the road, and it's been hotrodded like crazy.
ZV is the rhythm/we-feel-bad-for-his-scene-kid-looks-so-we-let-him-play-a-couple-melodies-guitars.
Syn does all the REAL leads.

in the studio, BOTH use Bogner Uberschalls that have been modified.
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.