Not had a chance to try one out yet.

At the minute I'm using a Radial Tonebone Classic which is fantastic and versatile, however, I'm thinking a Blackstar Boost/Dist/Drive/Dual would be more suited. I'm after the sort of commercial yet powerful sound such as Muse/Biffy Clyro.

My first thought would be the Dual simply because of the benefit of two channels but the Drive or Dist might suffice.

Does anyone have any opinions on Blackstar's distortion pedals for this type of sound? Or is there another range I've overlooked?

Cheers
Last edited by lunarstablos at Aug 6, 2011,
I have a blackstar ht distx, which is supposedly like channel 2 on the dual. I use it on my ibanez tsa, which is has just a clean channel with a tubescreamer built in. By itself, the pedal sounds muddy as hell, but if I put it in the loop after the tubescreamer section, it sounds amazing. I don't know if its sounds muddy because of my amp or what. The first channel can get a muse tone easily, but you don't really want to turn the gain past 4 on the second channel. If I get this pedal, be sure to have an overdrive pedal to put in front of it.
Last edited by Baconator1228 at Aug 6, 2011,
My thought is to have the amp on the clean channel set to just breaking up, and use the pedal for the distortion. With the Dual I can have 2 stages of gain
I own the Blackstar HT-Drive. I hate it. The distortion itself is decent, but it is very muddy, it is almost too compressed too, every time you hit a note it accents your pick attack with heavy bass and compression with every pick stroke, I dont know how to explain it, but I feel it sounds like garbage.
Quote by Wylde_Life
I own the Blackstar HT-Drive. I hate it. The distortion itself is decent, but it is very muddy, it is almost too compressed too, every time you hit a note it accents your pick attack with heavy bass and compression with every pick stroke, I dont know how to explain it, but I feel it sounds like garbage.

Does Sabbath tones well but yeah... doesn't work well with prog rock and metal. I have the Dist X and I picked it up really cheap. Planning on getting an Eleven rack and selling that and the ME20. It probably would work better bypassing the preamp, but yeah, it'll do Sabbath Well, SOAD all-right but not as versatile as it seems.