Hey guys,

I've been playing a tad over a year and a half, and I want to start learning more solos. I can't really play the super fast solos of the bands I love(Black Veil Brides, Falling in Reverse etc) so, with no ideas, I've come here for help

I'm looking for some fun, easy(But obviously not too easy) solo's to play I already know Na Na Na and I'm not Okay by My Chemical Romance, and I can play stuff like the main riff to Plug In Baby by Muse, so I'm not terrible.

I'll listen to most genre's, and I like a lot of bands, from Cream to Suicide Silence, so I'll take on board any suggestions

Thanks,
Aiz
All Right Now by Free is good beginner solo to learn, it sounds good and it's easy.
The Last Fight by Bullet For My Valentine is reallllyyyy easy

What I used to do though was work on harder solos and build up my speed on them.
Oh, I forgot to mention I'd rather they were in standard/drop D :/ I sort of broke my tuner xD
OH then try A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth
Best band in the world \m/ especially for guitar
Not sure if you're looking for things to develop your basic style with, practice different techniques with, or practice speed with because all three are different and important elements. Nor do I know your main level right now, so I'll just go with some basics that aren't total just-started-playing-noob solos.

When I'm Gone by Three Doors Down or The Kids Aren't Alright by the Offspring have some basic solos that might be worth learning. The first gives you a lot of room with notes which is good for developing your own sound with and the basics like vibrato and bends. Both of them have some simple unison bending stuff.

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi has a pretty simple solo that would be good for the same reasons and trying to get a killer solo sound. Would also be good for incorporating pinch harmonics and palm mutes into solos.

All three will also help for moving up and down the fretboard quickly since there's some sudden changes from low to high notes.

Break by Three Days Grace is a pretty basic one for a lot of the above reasons as well as practicing a very easy single stroke sweep.
Without You by Three Days Grace has a simple melodic solo too. Nothing too interesting about it in terms of techniques, but thought I'd mention it as well.

All are in standard.
Though, you shouldn't rely on tuning your guitar to fit a song. If you want to play along to the song then tune the song rather than your guitar! XD

That's how I used to do it.
If you don't have a way to do this you can download Audacity. Throw the song in there and then raise the pitch of the full thing by a half step or a whole step. (depending on what tuning it's) As long as it isn't a huge increase, it won't sound all that different and you'll be able to play along with it sounding fine.

Saves a lot of time rather than having to constantly tune entire your guitar up and down.

Also, try downloading a free tuner on your computer since yours is broke.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Aug 6, 2011,
Thanks so much for your help Tbf I'm looking to do a bit of all 3. I'll try the solo to Break, since I love 3DG
No problem. Best of luck with anything and happy solo'ing. :]

If you need anymore ideas for something of a similar or higher level or anything then let me know. I used to play in an alternative rock band so we had a lot of that style of solos and stuff. So I remember a fair bit from it.
You like Sevenfold? Warmness on the Soul and Clairvoyant Disease are nice ones.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Californication by the RHCP
Mother by Pink Floyd
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
You should learn both the comfortably numb solos, it's always good to have a gilmour solo in your arsenal of solos. And not only does it sound great but once its learned you can look to it later on in the road when you're making your own solos for some phrasing ideas, gilmours really good at flowing all his ideas together in a solo so I always recommend a gilmour solo.

As for Avenged Sevenfold solos, I'd recommend the Gunslinger, So Far Away, and Danger Line solos. I'd like to point out almost every Avenged Sevenfold has a really really cool guitar intro which will either be incredibly easy, or incredibly hard. Learn these intros if you like Avenged Sevenfold, they're fun to play and cool to show off.

Since you like Falling In Reverse I'll just assume you like old ETF. Old ETF inspired me to start playing guitar again at one point because I was in a rut, brian monte has some really cool ideas in their first album and my personal absolute favourite solo to play by them was "My apocalypse". You'll need a little bit of work on the tapping part when he starts going fast to keep your hands in sync but other then that the solo is cake.

I also like the intro solo to "In the morning and Amazing" by Circa Survive, fun solo to play so check that one out.
Gear
- Synyster Schecter Standard
- Peavey Vyper 15

I'm currently using Cubase 5 for any recording purposes.
Hammerfall - Blood bound, very cool solo sounds quite impressive
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
When I started learning Metallica songs & solos, my playing progressed in leaps and bounds.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by seeneyj
When I started learning Metallica songs & solos, my playing progressed in leaps and bounds.

Can you think what ones you started with? Absolutely love metallica! It'd take me a while to even get the rhythm parts down, but I'm sure I could do it after a while? Maybe Nothing Else Matters? That has a nice slow solo?
Nothing Else Matters, Unforgiven, First solo to One, Fade to black intro solo, and last shouldn't be too hard.
Quote by aizo4576
Can you think what ones you started with? Absolutely love metallica! It'd take me a while to even get the rhythm parts down, but I'm sure I could do it after a while? Maybe Nothing Else Matters? That has a nice slow solo?

Nothing Else Matters is a great one. Pretty much everything on the Black album

Enter Sandman, Holier than thou, Sad but True, Wherever I may Roam. All that stuff. There is an encyclopedia of techniques in those solos and songs.

Just practice them until you get it. Start slow.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User