the title pretty much says it all
i want some strings that don't sag in drop c
and will have to get my guitar's truss rod adjusted after putting heavier strings???
thanks
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
if your guitar has a 25.5' scale length then a lot of the time 10-52 will cut it, give them a try
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
nylon strings. ACOUSTIC CLASICAL METAL!!!!!!!!
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
It really depends on your guitar, your own playing style, and your personal preferences. You just have to experiment around a bunch. I play drop c on my ibanez xiphos, and I know eeveryone says to use chunky strings, but I personally like the feel of a 9-42 set dropped down, but that's my own preference. Remember that if you get a larger set, you need to fix the action and intonation on the guitar.
i use d'addario EXL115W sets. its 11-49 with a wound g string. best strings IMO for drop c. but like others have said, its all about preference. i know a lot of people who like 10-52s. so you kind of have to try it out.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
i read about earnie ball light top heavy bottom strings are they any good??
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal

Haven't tried them, but A7X uses them. But they use Drop D, so...

But my personal recommendation is the Dunlop Heavy Core. I think they're like $1 cheaper then Ernie Ball, but they're really nice.

They come in 10-48, 11-50 (what I use, on my Agile Les Paul), and 12-54.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Use D'Darrio Drop C Strings says for drop C tunings right on the package, probably one of the best strings i've ever played
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by deepsal

i did not like them at all, the bottom strings were good an chunky like you want, but then once you get to the higher strings the just sounded really thin and weak, and plus the uneven tension didn't agree with my trem either
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
I use DR Tite-Fit .012-.052 for Drop C and for anything lower I use Not Even Slinkys they are great for Drop B and A#.
-My Gear-

Ltd EC-1000 Cherry Red Finish
Schecter 006 Elite Deluxe w/SD Blk'outs

Epiphone Acoustic Dove

Line6 Pod HD400

Bugera 333 Head

Mesa 2x12 w/v30's

-Youtube Channel-

Beefy Slinky sizes are ideal... but I'd use Elixir Heavies (12s) but if you need to tune to standard still, mediums (11s) are probably the best compromise
Dean Markley .11s (JZ). They even come with a wound 3rd, which I find awesome as hell.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."