Here's what I have right now:

Fender FM65 with a blown speaker (terrible)
Danelectro EQ Pedal (great)
Digitech RP90 (decent only with the Danelectro EQ)

The FM65 has a volume pot that jumps between one and 10,
What should I do? I'm thinking about getting a bass amp, because my cousin played his guitar through a bass amp and it sounded beautiful, but it was an Orange, so not any bass amp would do:

Option A:
Repair the FM65's speaker with a Guitar Speaker

Option B:
Repair the FM65's speaker with a PA Speaker (I could put a drum machine through there and the bass drum on it wouldn't crash the speaker)

Option C:
Buy a $300-ish bass amp (so I could tune to A Std and not blow the speaker) (I don't tune low often but when I do I'm not comfortable at all.)

Option D:
Buy a $300-ish guitar amp. (Maybe an old Peavey 2x12)

Suboption A:
Use current effects I have (Boss DS-1 (sounds shitty,) Digitech RP90, Danelectro EQ) with a repaired FM65

Suboption B:
New amp, new effects

Suboption C:
New amp, old effects

Just put like Option A Suboption C or something

Thanks

Matt
Well for one, I'm pretty sure A-standard won't blow a guitar speaker. No need for a bass amp unless you're a Josh Homme fanboy or something... however, the money you'd pay to replace the speaker in the Fender is probably about half of what the amp is worth anyway, I think it's best to decide how much you can put towards new gear and work from there, none of that gear is really that awesome anyway. Except the DS-1. Great fuzz tones.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by lifesglorydead
Well for one, I'm pretty sure A-standard won't blow a guitar speaker. No need for a bass amp unless you're a Josh Homme fanboy or something... however, the money you'd pay to replace the speaker in the Fender is probably about half of what the amp is worth anyway, I think it's best to decide how much you can put towards new gear and work from there, none of that gear is really that awesome anyway. Except the DS-1. Great fuzz tones.

well, i bought it blown which is why it was only 150. (i didnt know it was blown at the time, i thoguht it was a steal)

and i'm a josh homme fanboy. i dont play his stuff all the time but i love playing it when i do.

and ironically i hate the DS-1. it sounds bad for what I'm looking for. i want tube-ish distortion maybe. idk something clear but distorted as well. so confusing. like josh homme's tone in sick sick sick.

i think it was a bad-apple from boss which is why my uncle gave it to me for free

i'm trying to get my OS-2 back

thanks for the input though
just get urself a new amp. (guitar). unless your tuning an octave or so down i don't see any need for a bass amp. just get a decent tube amp and throw a tube screamer or something in front of it. should be plenty for you