Hey guys I've been playing strictly slide dobro for awhile now and I was just wondering if you had any suggestions on an electric that I could get a real gritty, dirty slide from.
Gir vs. Wild :a man with foreskin is like a mule with a spinning wheel, nobody knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it
Well, the Danelectro 59 DC has a great slide tone. Jimmy Page used it on "In My Time of Dying" playing in an open tuning (Open A?)

EDIT: a Dobro is a resonator guitar, which is typically played with a slide.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Last edited by Joe-Floyd-lover at Aug 6, 2011,
Thanks Floyd-Lover, I'll check that out. I know I've seen a couple videos of Derek Trucks playing a Danelectro as well as Dan Auerbach from the Black Keys playing one.
Gir vs. Wild :a man with foreskin is like a mule with a spinning wheel, nobody knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it
Alright, I'm looking to spend no more than $1000. I'm thinking of a grittier, more distorted than Derek Trucks' tone, I also like Johnny Winter's tone.
Quote by redandwhite12
I really love the sound of slide with p90's.

Yep. I prefer the sound of a P90 for slide as well. If grit & dirt is what you're after, that's where you'll find it easiest imho. My Eastwood Delta 6 has upgraded electronics and a sweet Suhr S90. My Tele also can do a very gritty slide.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Last edited by Vulcan at Aug 6, 2011,