so hey, how about a NEWBIE COMP ?

interested? think you have what it takes? just want to have something to work on for the next week or so? more info below !

- 9-12 can sign up (maybe more depending on how fast the spots go).
- Due date will be set once enough people have signed up.
- To sign up just leave a post in this thread saying "im in" (or some terrible pun along those lines).
- The piece

To qualify for this competition you must have a join date of any time after April 1st, 2011 OR a first thread in S&L after April 1st, 2011 -- No exceptions!

If you fail to submit your piece on time, you will be deducted 1 point.
Point distribution:
1st place - 3pts
2nd place - 2pts
3nd place - 1pt

More info:
1) Prose is not allowed (or more clearly: long prose, as in three page long short stories, etc.); aside from that, you can write anything you wish. accepted formats: songs, free verse poetry, verse, play dialogues, etc. just try to keep it short.

2) it doesn't have to rhyme, but it can if you want.

3) When you have your piece done PM it to me. To Private Message (PM) you click on my name, go to where it says "send message" on the left side of my profile, then send me your piece. Please put the title in the message, and use the title "newbie comp, hee hee" for the subject

4) Once polls are up, vote in all other pairings that your piece is not in. You MUST NOT vote for your own piece or we will begin by removing fingers and toes and go from there.

any questions or other stuff go here!

good luck y'all
I don't qualify
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
well, your first piece posted here dates to June, and we haven't been doing many newbie comps lately so i could let you in if you want.

also, buuuuuuuuuuump. come on people, you can do it!
Yeah I'm up for it, should I start working on it now or do I wait until more people join?

I think my first thread was after April, hopefully I'm right

AEDIT: Apparently I qualify
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 14, 2011,
I made my UG account a while ago but I've never posted to the S&L before so am I to understand that I qualify?

If so I, sir am most definitely in.
I'm in.....if i can be because of my join date being a bit later....pm me with info please...
I haz gotten gud
@apatheticme, i'm not sure if you qualify, for some reason i can't look at your threads, just check and check the date then chek with the requirementes and yeah. check check.

everyone else, DUE DATE SEPTEMBER 7TH, if any of you have problems with that date let me know. good luck
@apatheticme, i'm not sure if you qualify, for some reason i can't look at your threads, just check and check the date then chek with the requirementes and yeah. check check.

I should qualify i have not posted here ever. Well except for the other day. Scout honor on that I will submit something and it can be up to you if you will accept it. I just want to write thats all.
I haz gotten gud
How do we send in the submissions? I tried PMing and it maxed out at 5000 characters. My piece is around 9000.
Ok someone need to explaned this contest to me. What is this exsacly?
Quote by adodin
How do we send in the submissions? I tried PMing and it maxed out at 5000 characters. My piece is around 9000.

send it to this e-mail adress: allen_sanch3z @ hotmail.com (with no spaces obviously)

Quote by PMR24
Ok someone need to explaned this contest to me. What is this exsacly?

i think i was clear in the original post, but you basically just write a piece (song, poem, whatever) and send it to me. then i put polls up with everyone's pieces, the rest of the users get to vote for the piece(s) they like the most, pieces with most votes wins. this is a competition aimed at 'newbies' though, that is, people who are relatively new to the forum. the criteria is in the first post.
okay, so far i have pieces from ApatheticMe, ali.guitarkid7 and i got one sent to my e-mail i assume that was you adodin, it was sent on saturday i think, confirm me bro.
yeah that was me. Sorry for the late confirmation I only just got my internet working.
sort of a bump*

Sorry but i know there are more people that can enter this....

@cubs....I will see if i can find some people to do this....The forums are in a sad state latley..... :shakeshead:
I haz gotten gud
Maybe PM the people who've said that they want to partake and haven't submitted? I'm surprised that 5-6 people still haven't submitted anything yet... >_>
well, i have entries from bayant, adodin, apatheticme and ali.guitarkid7. so that makes four, i don't know what's going on with the other guys: the last time blaaargh was online according to the profile thing was august 12, i sent messages to him, beab, housemd, imthedrugs. if i don't get their pieces in in 1-2 days, i'll just put up the ones i have.
crap...i hate the one i sent in....oh well....at least this is finally going to be attempted...
I haz gotten gud
ok I am a true newbie just signed up and actually joined UG instead of just leechin everybodys tabs for years.This site is my favorite site on the web, I'd like to submit a song couldja fill me in on the theme or is it wide open, I'm only going to enter copyrighted material, I'll keep checkin this for a reply....thanx
ooops, didn't see that. yeah, send me lyrics AS SOON AS POSSIBLE & you'll be in.

none of the guys i PM'ed replied. i'll wait to see if ^he sends a song, this will be up tomorrow night at most.
ok....even though the thing i sent in sucks i admire your patience... Thanks you mr mod sir
I haz gotten gud
can I enter? Don't quite know how to go about sending it to you though
Edit: nvm, figured it out
Last edited by JFisJC at Oct 10, 2011,