Hey,

I found a guy on CL that is willing to trade his 2000 American Standard Tele (Teal) for my MIM Telecaster Deluxe 72 RI (maple) + $100, or + $150 for the case too.

Would you guys do this trade? What I really wanted was an American Standard Strat, but I feel like doing this trade might help me accomplish that goal in the long run.

Thanks
If it were me, instead of trying to trade my way to a strat I'd sell the tele and buy the exact strat I want, not just what someone happens to be willing to trade for an american tele...

you know? you'll have more options... and can do it in your timeframe, you wont have to wait for someone to trade with...
---
Check ebay to see what guitars similar to both of them go for, then you can account for the difference in price between yours & his when negotiating - the chances are his first offer won't be the best you can get.

If a Strat is what you're after though, you may be better off waiting until you can find someone who has the one you want and saving up so you can switch straight to it rather than gradually working your way up. You may do this trade, then find the guitar you wanted straight afterwards and not have the cash free to do it....

I wouldn't be setting a Strat as my ultimate target though, but that's just my preference, I prefer Tele's!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by andre09
Hey,

I found a guy on CL that is willing to trade his 2000 American Standard Tele (Teal) for my MIM Telecaster Deluxe 72 RI (maple) + $100, or + $150 for the case too.

Would you guys do this trade? What I really wanted was an American Standard Strat, but I feel like doing this trade might help me accomplish that goal in the long run.

Thanks

do you like playing teles?

if that's not what you want, then move on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Actually, in my ad I specifically stated I wanted a strat and was willing to pay extra, but I the guy offered anyways so I thought about it. I could keep waiting but I am impatient . About ebay prices, I looked for a 2000 model but only found a buy it now for $1172, which I suspect is way overpriced. How different can a few years be in terms of price? I know that some years like 2008 had some big changes in quality, I just don't know about 2000.

I wish I could just get cash, but I keep getting people flaking out on CL despite how much they tell me they want it!

If you guys were in my situation would you just wait it out for someone with cash or a strat?

Thanks
well i'd at least talk to the guy and try out the tele. an american tele would be better trade bait for an american strat if you decide not to keep it. american standard strats and teles are around $800 used these days. make sure you know what kind of tele it is for sure as there are some models that are worth less but if it's an american made one that it would be better than the one you have.
I'd do it, if his tele is in as good of condition as your tele.

I think if you're trying to trade for a strat, that's cool, but trading up now may get you a better strat in the end. Think about it, someone with an American strat that wants a tele may not be willing to trade for a MIM tele, but may be willing to do a straight trade for a MIA tele.

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone would trade an American tele for a Mexican one. Seems kinda fishy, maybe it's not a good guitar, or perhaps stolen. It may have a hump in the neck or something and have constant fret buzz.