How would one go about making this bass look a lot cooler? I was thinking of spray paint (I'd remove the strings and cover everything, and have cut out a design I like and spray paint that (obviously)). But I don't think it's that simple... and I don't really want to use stickers (my friend did that with his guitar and I don't want to copy him.)

This is the bass: http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=ibanez+gsr200&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1680&bih=959&tbm=isch&tbnid=FJqATl8raEyisM:&imgrefurl=http://209.236.66.94/shop/Bass-Guitars_cid11,page10.am%253FLatest&docid=l940nmv88FM57M&w=414&h=1400&ei=_v89Tsb6H8TV0QHjsu2sDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=714&vpy=233&dur=1378&hovh=400&hovw=118&tx=88&ty=223&page=1&tbnh=257&tbnw=76&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0
Dirge Humai: I don't have a freezer big enough. D;
Eastwinn: Yee I know it looks a lot better than my other two but I feel like somewhat changing its appearance.
Gyroscope: Nah I don't play guitar. D; But yee it would look pretty good wouldn't it...
I think it might look pretty focking cool if rather than spray paint, you did some light airbrushing on it. That way it's not abrasive and heavily contrasting but it is eye catching.

Just my two cents
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Not wanting to copy your friend isn't a good excuse not to put stickers on your bass.
A good excuse would be that putting stickers on instruments makes them look like shit.
Quote by Vermillionpart2
Dirge Humai: I don't have a freezer big enough. D;
Eastwinn: Yee I know it looks a lot better than my other two but I feel like somewhat changing its appearance.
Gyroscope: Nah I don't play guitar. D; But yee it would look pretty good wouldn't it...

Buy a vinyl plotter and some vinyl of assorted colors. do as you please with that
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Dirge Humani
Put it in the freezer.

you dumbface, he wants it to look cooler, not be cooler!

he obviously needs to paint a picture of a freezer on the front.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I came here to tell you to paint it white...then I saw the bass.

Get a talented, artistic friend to go crazy with sharpies or paint markers ont he guitar and clear coat is afterwards.