hey guys,

I played around with the new american standard strat at guitar center today, and I really like it. The only thing stopping me from buying it is that I don't like the glossy neck. It's already less glossy then other guitar's I tried out, but it's still feels sticky to me. The guitar i want to upgrade from, a squier strat, has a satin finish (or maybe no finish at all? i'm not sure) which i like alot better, and its alot easier to move around the neck.

So my question is, would it be possible to sand down the neck and refinish it so it has more of a natural wood feel? Or would that just be stupid and damage the guitar? I know a guitar tech that i trust with these issues, but unfortinately i cant reach him right now.

If any american strat owners could give me any advice, that would be greatly appreaciated. I have a $100 off coupon that expires tomorrow lol. I'm currently debating whether to buy it or just stick with my squier strat, which despite a few issues, has served me very well over the past 3 years.
Just hit it with some 000 steel wool. It's a good solution for gloss necks.