Page 1 of 2
I'm going to Adelaide for a week in September but I don't know anything about it and I need to find stuff to do there.

What do you recommend?
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Aug 7, 2011,
Toilet paper. Lots of toilet paper. The arse end of Australia needs traditional gifts.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
really?

edit: I think I'm just going to buy food there
cat
Don't stick your dick in any of their wasabe sauce, just saying...

The chicks over there, man. Fucking gross.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Don't stick your dick in any of their wasabe sauce, just saying...

The chicks over there, man. Fucking gross.

I'm a girl, so I don't think that'll be a problem

Quote by amaranth_todd
Come visit Melbourne

I'd love to and I probably will next year actually
cat
I have no idea what people do there. I guess if you happen to be a wine buff you could go to the Barossa Valley. Essentially everything I could think of involves you leaving Adelaide.
Quote by guitarxo
really?

edit: I think I'm just going to buy food there

No! YOU MUST PROVIDE THE SACRAFICIAL OFFERING OF TOILET PAPER!!!
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
No! YOU MUST PROVIDE THE SACRAFICIAL OFFERING OF TOILET PAPER!!!

But I don't want to ;_;
cat
There's nothing here.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Fúck you guys, Adelaide has heaps to do.

Gigs pretty much every night of the week
Clubs
Awesome museum/art gallery if you're into that
Great restaurants
If you're into wine there's vineyards about 40 minutes out of the city
Aussie Rules/Football ovals

There's more but I cna't think right now...
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
To be honest there isn't much in Adelaide that you can't get anywhere else I still love living here though :P.

If you're into shopping, there's a few malls around the place:
Rundle Mall in the city, said to be the biggest and "best" mall in the state, they have an info centre in it, I assume they just help you find stuff to do - http://www.rundlemall.com/

Marion which is down south, personally my favourite, it's fair big (SA standard size) and has one of the biggest cinemas in the state, has a swimming centre next to it as well - http://www.westfield.com.au/marion

West Lakes shopping mall which is North-West I think, never been there - http://www.westfield.com.au/westlakes

The Colonnades which is in Noarlunga, really far down south, don't go there much - http://www.centrocolonnades.com.au/

Tea Tree Plaza in the North-East direction, an alright shopping centre, haven't been there heaps, didn't like the cinema there though - http://www.westfield.com.au/teatreeplaza

You got Elizabeth Shopping Centre up North, alright but in a pretty dodgy area >_> - http://www.elizabethshopping.com.au/home/

That's all the major shopping centres I can think of, I'm sure if you wanted to find out more you can just google it.

You can visit the zoo in the city which has the two pandas, but I think you need to book a session online to see them, not sure what else is there that you can't find at any other zoo.

I always like driving down to Glenelg (or you can catch a tram or bus), always nice to spend the day at the beach, you have the Beach House (http://www.thebeachouse.com.au/) there which is just a building with arcade games, water slides and other stuff, I don't think it's that great and it's a bit pricey. Copenhagen has nice but expensive ice cream, Souvlaki bros is what I think the best yiros place I've been too, got nice lamb/chicken over the spit Glenelg also has a road full of shops (Jetty Rd, where the tram runs along), it also has a museum there.

Henley beach is another nice place to go, got a few nice restaurants at Henley Square.

In the Adelaide Hills you have a few things to do, you can visit Hahndorf, an old german town with quite a few pubs/restaurants. You got the Mt Lofty summit which has a walking trail going downhill. The Hills also has Mt Barker which has a small mall and cinemas in the suburb. You can also visit Cleland Wildlife park, which has a nice night walk.

As somebody said you can visit the Barossa Valley for all your wine stuff, never been there but it's highly advertised if you're into that stuff.

If you're over 18/not going with family/going with friends, Hindley Street is the street to go to for nightclubs, has popular clubs like HQ Complex, Red Square, that's all I really know, don't go clubbing lol. The Duke which is on currie st is a nice pub, got djs and beer gardens and stuff. If you're into metal then I know of two metal venues, Enigma which is on Hindley St and the Cranka (Crown and Anchor) which is on Grenfell St. both have live bands on Friday and Saturdays. Rundle St has a few nice pubs/restaurants on it. O'Connell st in North Adelaide also has a lot of nice restaurants.

Not really sure what else there is hope this helps.
Go to Brisbane and take me with you

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by N_J_B_B

Clubs
Great restaurants

Yeah, but I love bitching about shit.
Yeah, definitely check out the music scene, there are some alright bands out there.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Go to Brisbane and take me with you

This and I'll show ya'll around. Brissie rocks

Oh and a hearty +1 to all those who said drive to Melbourne. Oh Melbourne, how I adore thee.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Things to do in Adelaide, good one!
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
^

- Rene Magritte
drink bucket loads of alcohol
projectile vomit over multiple people at bar
get kicked out
fight security
coitus with also drunk stranger in public
repeat.

Alternatively come to Queensland.
As people previously said, come to Melbourne, heaps of stuff to do over here plus our tap water is one of the best in the world unlike adelaides water
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Visit Orianthi's family. =3

Also, the fact that Orianthi's from Adelaide shows that crazysam23_Atax is wrong about the girls there.

Actually, she went to school just around the corner from my house. I'm practically a ****ing celebrity.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Visit Orianthi's family. =3

do this, and kick them, and say, thanks a lot, you jerks!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Thanks to everyone who replied

Quote by badpun
As people previously said, come to Melbourne, heaps of stuff to do over here plus our tap water is one of the best in the world unlike adelaides water

seriously?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
Thanks to everyone who replied

seriously?

Hey man. Tap water is like...mind blowing amazing!
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Hey man. Tap water is like...mind blowing amazing!

I agree, but I thought it was the same everywhere. It's just water
cat
Quote by guitarxo

If you want to drink awesome water come to Canada. Australia is a hole anyways.
Quote by guitarxo

No, it changes depending on where the source is.

I love watching Aussies bash on each other.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My taste buds must be broken then :/

But I didn't expect everyone to be hating on Adelaide so much
cat
Well to give Adelaide credit...

It isn't Darwin. It'll always have that going for it.

- Rene Magritte
you should punch adelaide right in the giant silver testicles.
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Did you guys ever get lucky and have someone die the day before or of your gig and get to promote yourselves with it? Sweet huh?

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION
Quote by N_J_B_B

Clubs
Great restaurants

only thing unique adelaide has is wine country, and being the 'church' state.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by guitarxo

Nope out water is purer than most here in Melbourne because we don't log or build over our catchments and nature filters the water way better than any of our technology could so it results in fantastic water
Quote by RSOB Bass
Thanks Andy, you're fucking awesome.

Quote by XmydyingheartX
^___^

Quote by Andrea55
Banned because I love you!

Happily e-married to RSOB Bass
E-brother to Andrea55
E-Uncle to KitKat555
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
only thing unique adelaide has is wine country, and being the 'church' state.

I never said it was unique.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
nah what i meant was all that stuff you could get everywhere else, except like someone said, Darwin, although there would be a bunch of stuff up there that we'd never get down here.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Page 1 of 2