hello, im having trouble with amps now, and i have been told the mustang 3 is decent. i didnt want a solid state/modelling amp at first but it'll save me money for now, too much to buy this year. so yeah will it work with my boss me50? and if not which will it work with?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
It will, but it'd be kind of pointless. Modeller running into a modeller.
There's nothing wrong the Mustang III, it is as far as modellers go, very usable and sounds pretty good. I like the option of running it through the PC and using all that online stuff and it being something you can record into.
But having said that if you're running an ME-50 into it, it kind of defeats that purpose.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
A small tube amp will be better for the me50 than a modeling amp would. How loud will you be playing? Or, you could always connect the me50 via aux cable to the mustang to bypass the amp and go direct to the speaker. I've tried it before by running my rp355 to my cube via aux cable and it sounds great that way.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 7, 2011,
I should ask budget actually.
If you're on a tight one, look at Bugera?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by kutless999
A small tube amp will be better for the me50 than a modeling amp would. How loud will you be playing?

not very, dont want no 5/10 watt ones, i want atleast 20. i have a modeling amp now, and its just shit, a line 6.

It will, but it'd be kind of pointless. Modeller running into a modeller.
There's nothing wrong the Mustang III, it is as far as modellers go, very usable and sounds pretty good. I like the option of running it through the PC and using all that online stuff and it being something you can record into.
But having said that if you're running an ME-50 into it, it kind of defeats that purpose. [/QUOTE/

yeah kinda, but just for extra power, would it work? so i can get single coil effects etc for my hums, and then all my effects? even if i just ran it on a clean channel with a dist/od sound would it be ok without feedback and all that jazz?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I don't understand what you mean.
Extra power volume wise? Or do you mean as a boost for your gain?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
I should ask budget actually.
If you're on a tight one, look at Bugera?

£300 max, i have to sell my spider and i dont want to spend all my christmas money
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by kutless999
Or, you could always connect the me50 via aux cable to the mustang to bypass the amp and go direct to the speaker. I've tried it before by running my rp355 to my cube via aux cable and it sounds great that way.

You could always try it that way.
Well depending on you're location (unfamiliar with Scotland) depends on what's available and the price.
I honestly don't think there's anything wrong the III, but there will be people who disagree.
If you can check out Bugera, that's probably the cheapest and best for the styles you're into.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
A small 5-10 watt valve amp will be just as powerful/loud as a 30 watt solidstate modeller...
Quote by Eppicurt
Well depending on you're location (unfamiliar with Scotland) depends on what's available and the price.
I honestly don't think there's anything wrong the III, but there will be people who disagree.
If you can check out Bugera, that's probably the cheapest and best for the styles you're into.

im having a look now, any reccomendations? are all their amps tube?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
kutless, the me50 has no amp models. only effects. so bypassing the amp's preamp wont really give a desirable tone imo
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Oh yeah, that's right. well, a small tube amp will probably be your best option here.
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by mcamp1230
A small 5-10 watt valve amp will be just as powerful/loud as a 30 watt solidstate modeller...

+1
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300