Page 1 of 4
I dont understand why people dis this band so much? I think they are pretty good compared to other similar bands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkbNJvp0go. Is it because the are 'scenekids' or whatever? Surely if these kids attract girls to their shows compared to 'true' metallers then they are doing it right?

I should add i grew up listening to death metal bands At the gates Carcass etc and stuff so i just hear the influences there.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Aug 7, 2011,
metalheads aren't always right. if you like bmth, listen to them. anybody trying to get you to not listen to whatever you like is an idiot anyway.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Bandwagons. Ever heard of them?

Edit: You hear Carcass in BMTH? What?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Aug 7, 2011,
I listen to metal and I like some BMTH. Metal elitists are the ones that hate them for no reason.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
EDIT: misread the question... thought it was "why do metalheads like BMTH"

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
. Is it because the are 'scenekids' or whatever? Surely if these kids attract girls to their shows compared to 'true' metallers then they are doing it right?

Well, musically, BMTH are objectively bad: their riffs are generic and show little creativity. Most of the album is in the same key, and they utilize the minor 3rd interval hammeron that is found in the Phrgyian Dominant scale in pretty much every song to the point of just doing it for the sake of it. the vocals are nothing particularly good, and the guy can't even sing (i.e he can scream, but cannot sing a melody). This is coming from someone who used to love BMTH. their early work isnt too bad, but the later work... meh.

as for the girls...most of them seem to think BMTH is the best band alive.

And for the record, none of this disdain for them makes me "TR00 METUHLZ" at all. However, I have a fairly developed knowledge of metal, and know that compared to most deathcore bands, they are nothing special, highly generic, and engineered to appeal to teenagers who have never heard death metal before.

Remember, this is all my opinion.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 7, 2011,
Q: "Why Are Metalheads So Down On Bring Me The Horizon?"

A: "They're Metalheads."
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Because they are a horrible band and because metalheads are quite often ignorant to music they don't like claiming it is crap.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Aug 7, 2011,
I found the answer!

Reason

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I don't mind some of their songs.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
I find their music uninteresting. I get bored after a minute of listening to them. I hate the screamers voice, and the instruments are nothing special.

In short, because they suck.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Prototype4342
Metal elitists are the ones that hate them for no reason.

Quote by Banjocal
A: because 90% of the general public are artistically/musically illiterate, and that's why they think bands like Dragonforce, BMTH, Malmsteen and such are actually good.

See what I mean?
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Mostly just because they are the justin beiber of hardcore.
Fan girls going on about Oli for hours on end when nobody is actually talking about the music.
Breakdowns, breakdowns, and more breakdowns. And generally just the generic Scene look. I don't care, I don't like them, I don't listen to them, people can listen to whatever, I'll be enjoying some actual metal personally, but they can do whatever.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Aug 7, 2011,
Because they suck shit through a straw.
Seriously they are just universaly hated because or their terribleness. No bandwagoning. No peer pressure. They just suck so hard.

Quote by Prototype4342
I listen to metal and I like some BMTH. Metal elitists are the ones that hate them for no reason.

If by no reason you mean people dislike their music, then yes no reason at all.
and I don't care if I live or die,
because I ain't ever going to no other side,
there ain't no heaven and there ain't no hell,
but I am a sinner so it's all just as well
Last edited by OOgly bOObly at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Tango616
Mostly just because they are the justin beiber of hardcore.
Fan girls going on about Oil for hours on end when nobody is actually talking about the music.
Breakdowns, breakdowns, and more breakdowns. And generally just the generic Scene look. I don't care, I don't like them, I don't listen to them, people can listen to whatever, I'll be enjoying some actual metal personally, but they can do whatever.

This exactly.

Over-marketed, over hyped, pop-core.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Prototype4342
See what I mean?

No it's actually true. You have no idea how much "OMG Oli (If that's what the singer's name is) is so hawt ifasgfuasiufsa OMG *clit boner*" I've seen on the internet.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Their music is mediocre. I think it's the fact that they look and act like 15 year olds is what throws people off.

Also the general aversion of '-core' music.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Surely if these kids attract girls to their shows compared to 'true' metallers then they are doing it right?

Because sex is the ultimate goal of music

I personally don't like them because they're I think they're just another 'breakdown band.' I find the music shallow and repetitive and showcasing nothing extraordinary.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Prototype4342
See what I mean?

I edited my comment above because I misread the question.

Okay: here's what happens.

1. you get into metal. you discover the most popular shit. it's generic, sloppy and "poppy", but people/you like it because they don't know better.
2. some point along the way, you get slated by an elitist asshole, and you come across bands that sound a bit different. they aren't as well known, but sound awesome. it seems a bit much for you at first, but you start to really dig it.
3. you keep doing this with other bands, and start to develop an intimate understanding of the genre. you start to get into some really experimental stuff.
4. by now, you can tell when a band is truly good, and when they are just appealing to the charts and kerrang.
5. I'm not sure where this is going.

I am not a metal elistist as I reckon you should listen to whatever the hell you want to, but this is how people end up hating these teenager-loved bands.

Quote by Gorelord666
No it's actually true. You have no idea how much "OMG Oli (If that's what the singer's name is) is so hawt ifasgfuasiufsa OMG *clit boner*" I've seen on the internet.

I laughed like a ****ing hyena. Well done good sire.
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Gorelord666

That's not really a reason to hate them as a band though, is it? Really I think it mostly boils down to metalheads bandwagoning against certain bands, Bring Me The Horizon, A Day To Remember, hell, even Metallica and other old school metal bands.

At the end of the day everyone should listen to what they want to. I have Burning The Masses and Cascada next to each other in some playlists, and I am not ashamed.
-Douglas Adams
Quote by StewieSwan
Because sex is the ultimate goal of music

Of course. Where have you been?

How come most famous musicians are attractive?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark

ikr

I just don't enjoy the sound of their music really, the constant break downs never really appealed to me. And his voice actually hurts my ears.
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by fearofthemark

Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by laid-to-waste
ikr

A challenger appears!

-Douglas Adams
Quote by Banjocal
I edited my comment above because I misread the question.

Okay: here's what happens.

1. you get into metal. you discover the most popular shit. it's generic, sloppy and "poppy", but people/you like it because they don't know better.
2. some point along the way, you get slated by an elitist asshole, and you come across bands that sound a bit different. they aren't as well known, but sound awesome. it seems a bit much for you at first, but you start to really dig it.
3. you keep doing this with other bands, and start to develop an intimate understanding of the genre. you start to get into some really experimental stuff.
4. by now, you can tell when a band is truly good, and when they are just appealing to the charts and kerrang.
5. I'm not sure where this is going.

I am not a metal elistist as I reckon you should listen to whatever the hell you want to, but this is how people end up hating these teenager-loved bands.

I laughed like a ****ing hyena. Well done good sire.

I'll be here all week.
Quote by Prototype4342
That's not really a reason to hate them as a band though, is it? Really I think it mostly boils down to metalheads bandwagoning against certain bands, Bring Me The Horizon, A Day To Remember, hell, even Metallica and other old school metal bands.

At the end of the day everyone should listen to what they want to. I have Burning The Masses and Cascada next to each other in some playlists, and I am not ashamed.

It's not a reason but you got to admit it does get annoying seeing that for bands like this. I actually even tried to get into this band about 2-3 years ago. Couldn't; found them terrible..

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Prototype4342

hating a bands based on fanbase is incredibly stupid (think BTBAM and Tool). bandwagoning is something that happens, however, see my first post on BMTH. As for Metallica...they've gone downhill imo. not hateworthy, but I wouldn't buy anything they have recently released. oh, and always listen to what you want. The hate for BMTH comes from kids who think they know what they are talking about claiming that BMTh are amazing, original or anything inbetween.
ha-haaa
Quote by fearofthemark

Because people are shallow and ignorant. Next question.
I can't speak for all metalheads but I personally don't like BMTH because the vocalist sounds like he is screaming and crying while his tongue is nailed to a table. That and he is one of the biggest dicks in modern music (pissing on his fans, literally, and when asked what his worst live moment was he replied "when my hair extensions fell out".

I think their music is ok but the vocals just make it unlistenable.
Same reason they hate Trivium or Avenged Sevenfold (to name a couple) and most deathcore bands: elitism and bandwagoning.

Being a metalhead myself, I hate that stereotype about metalheads being ignorant and intolerant assholes. Because, you know, some of us like and respect other genres of music.
I have no sig
Last edited by Mr Winters at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Random3
I can't speak for all metalheads but I personally don't like BMTH because the vocalist sounds like he is screaming and crying while his tongue is nailed to a table. That and he is one of the biggest dicks in modern music (pissing on his fans, literally, and when asked what his worst live moment was he replied "when my hair extensions fell out".

*lol que?*

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Random3

yeah, he is a bit of a dick. same goes with the frontman of asking alexandria. what a fucking joke
I don't class BMTH as metal. Not that I, myself am a metalhead anyways...

I just despise Oli Sykes.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Mr Winters
Same reason they hate Trivium or Avenged Sevenfold (to name a couple) and most deathcore bands: elitism and bandwagoning.

Being a metalhead myself, I hate that stereotype about metalheads being ignorant and intolerant assholes.

A well-deserved stereotype. You have to admit that though there are cool metalheads who don't judge other people's music tastes, they are far outnumbered by the "OMG SLAYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR JUSTIN BIBER IS FAGIT" ones.
Quote by Mr Winters

Being a metalhead myself, I hate that stereotype about metalheads being ignorant and intolerant assholes. Because, you know, some of us like and respect other genres of music.

Oh shut up. Some people do have legitimate reasons to dislike things and people agreeing with each other does not automatically equal bandwaggoning.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Page 1 of 4