Hello UG.

I am new to the forum but not new to guitar. I've been looking to upgrade my guitar. My current amp is an Orange DT.

I want a Telecaster body type guitar. With 2 humbuckers. Maple neck.

I play: metal, rock, hard rock and punk. (metallica, Green Day, Nirvana (grunge), Billy Talent, AC/DC, and more)

Thanks
fender blacktop tele
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Fender 72' Custom Tele.

Ian D'Sa from Billy Talent uses one, the wide-range humbuckers on it are a good compromise between regular humbuckers and singlecoils, since you need buckers for Metallica and ACDC and singlecoils for Billy Talent, Nirvana and partially Green Day (Green Day Tone is single coils, humbuckers or P90's, but today mostly P90s which are somewhat between singlecoil and humbucker again).

I'd say this is the best fit for you.
I think Ian D'sa uses a 72 Deluxe. And if you got the deluxe you could replace the humbuckers, maybe a p90-H. Maybe BKP or SD! But the custom is nice too. you got the single coil on it for single coil sounds.
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
Fender Blacktop Tele or G&L ASAT Deluxe (sooo sexy).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by SupahStrat
I think Ian D'sa uses a 72 Deluxe. And if you got the deluxe you could replace the humbuckers, maybe a p90-H. Maybe BKP or SD! But the custom is nice too. you got the single coil on it for single coil sounds.

Sorry, I'm always confusing the Deluxe and the Custom.
I meant the Deluxe and I wouldn't replace the pickups exactly for the reason I mentioned.
Quote by Shinozoku
Fender Blacktop Tele or G&L ASAT Deluxe (sooo sexy).

That or the G + L asat classic, a bit pricey but one hell of a guitar. Its got a humbucker and a single coil, tone for weeks. In the shop i tried one it was the only competition to a gibson les paul trad for tone and playability. Beat every fender and ibanez they had
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Last edited by gerrywm at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by TeleTele
how about this: http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0262000520

would it compare to the deluxe? I'm really GASing for a maple neck

Sorry dude, like tele but I dont think the one in that link is a good example
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
so you think a 72 deluxe would be good for single coil like sounds? because it has 2 humbuckers..
For a slightly darker sound, look for a Mahogany body. There were a few MIK Squiers that came with Mahogany bodies + a set neck and sometimes, you can score a Fender Jim Root Tele (Mahogany but with active PUs) for about $550 - 750 used. I'd look for those in place of the Alder body models.
I'm definitely in love with Teles and also with Strats. Ian uses a 72 Deluxe Tele in the studio but a MIM HSS strat on stage. Which would you think is better for the music I play? I really leaning more towards the tele, I just love how it looks and sounds. But since my favorite guitarist uses a strat too maybe I should hear some opinions.
Quote by TeleTele
I'm definitely in love with Teles and also with Strats. Ian uses a 72 Deluxe Tele in the studio but a MIM HSS strat on stage. Which would you think is better for the music I play? I really leaning more towards the tele, I just love how it looks and sounds. But since my favorite guitarist uses a strat too maybe I should hear some opinions.

Both HSS Strat and 72 Deluxe Tele would work.
Play them and decide yourself.
You might not like how the Tele plays for example (it has a pretty thick bulky neck which some people can't stand).
could an American Special Telecaster with hot rails play metal? Would I be sacrificing too much tone?
I have a black Fender Telecaster 72' Deluxe and very satisfied with the sound
Fender Deluxe 72' Telecaster w/ SD SH-4 JB
humbucker in the bridge position running through....
--
Crate FlexWave 120H
Marshall 1960A 4x12
Boss TU-3
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
BBE Green Screamer
MXR m109 6-band EQ
MXR m135 Smart Gate
The Classic Player Tele Deluxe is pretty nice, two humbyckers, and plays nice (although i'm not a fan of Tele necks, thats why i went for my Classic Player Jazzmaster instead) And has a strat tremolo arm!

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0142002300

They also come in Thinline (semi-hollow) and a P90 version!

I you're looking for a more classic humbucker tele, i'd go that route rather than the Jim Root one. The Active pickups and Mahogany body probably mean that the shape is just about the only thing that makes it a tele