go ahead, i don't own drums, i'm just trying to spark some discussion here, but every time i go to the local music store i always play future breed machine's breakdown
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
The Island Part 1 by pendulum...
Cause drum n bass is hardcore on the drums
Quote by 3OddOnes
Symphony of destruction by Megadeth
easy and fun

Anything megadeth especially holy wars...

but usually just wake up dead if I'm feeling really psyched
Usually just some random improvisation to get the blood flowing. Single strokes, double bass fills, paradiddles, flam rudiments, etc...

If I want to get attention then I also do that, only faster

If I'm at Guitar Center or whatever I usually consciously make an effort to play more pocket oriented stuff, though nobody wants to be that guy that bothers everybody haha.
Last edited by Steve08 at Aug 7, 2011,
I normally start with some simple exercises, if I'm going to play a song it would be something like Sorry You're Not A Winner by Enter Shikari, or maybe some Lady Gaga because its got a lot of room for improvising.

Agree'd about The Island, very fun song to play along to.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Mainly my rudiments, but when I walk into a GC or something, I end up forgetting everything I have ever learned and just end up playing Too Young to Fall in Love or something easy, 'cause I forget that I can play 6:00 or Caught in a Web.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I usually warm up with Long road to ruin - Foo Fighters and then move on to My own Summer - Deftones.
For me it's usually something from Them Crooked Vultures, either No One Loves Me & Neither Do I or New Fang, both are really fun to play (whole album is actually, but these are the only two I know by heart)
I just run through basic rhythms/beats that I use regularly in my songs. A couple standard rock/metal beats, then usually some faster thrashy type stuff, then some different styles of blasts, then I slow it down to either DnB-ish dance groove shit, or some jazzy swing-ish beats. Then I consider myself warmed up.
First I just hit all the toms and stuff to make sure they're sounding alright, then I do a little solo thing just to get the blood pumpin'.

Sometimes I'll just blast for a little bit. Depends on which band I'm with..
---------------------------
Here have a waffle!
(>^_^)>#
I shouldn't, really, but it's the same beats I've come to know and love. They're not exactly effective warm-ups as they're not particularly technical, but I love playing them. And that is why i drum - it's fun.

The beats I usually work around are the dotted quarter notes on the kick and quarters on the hi-hat. I guess it's a decent way of coping with slightly off-kilter beats, but they're not strenuous and are second nature to me by now.
I generally play territorial pissing by nirvana, or something by RATM to get warmed up, and just do some rolls on the snare.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by ethan_hanus
I usually just play whatever I can, and hope I don't screw it up...I can't multi task my limbs to save my life.

See: ringo starr.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
The 21/16 or whatever bit in Anesthetize by PT
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by LostLegion
I just play Hot for Teacher. Nothing too hard.

why can't i distinguish whether you're being sarcastic
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by LostLegion
I just play Hot for Teacher. Nothing too hard.

One of my favorite warm-ups. Everybody REALLY overrates the difficulty, at least from the people that I know.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by S0n1c '97
One of my favorite warm-ups. Everybody REALLY overrates the difficulty, at least from the people that I know.

Eh, I was being sarcastic.
(After warmups)

Firefly by Breaking Benjamin
Metalingus by Alter Bridge
Critical Acclaim by A7X