Hi guys, my bridge on my GIO is really really worned out.....its been five years already....

And I was thinkin of changing it, the default floating trem that came with it is an ordinary one.....I was wondering is it possible to upgrade to like the newer bridges from Ibanez, ie the Edge bridges or the ZR....??
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
It is.

But I think it won't really be worth upgrading an Ibanez Gio.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
It's been with me for 5 years man.....and the shit I've gone thru with this guitar, i aint never letting it go.....anyway thanks for letting me know its possible to upgrade....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
possible - yes

but not sure if it'll go straight in.

i've got a Gio (GRG170DX) too and i have to agree, it's not the best guitar on earth but in terms of personal value it's right up there, i'm never selling mine, ever.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I have been thinking of instaling a tremking in my grx40 for quite a while now aswell, the guitar just works for me, so no big surprise there.
Quote by Dempsey68
possible - yes

but not sure if it'll go straight in.

i've got a Gio (GRG170DX) too and i have to agree, it's not the best guitar on earth but in terms of personal value it's right up there, i'm never selling mine, ever.

Humidity basically killed my bridge....I cant even lock my 6th string in properly, so now i cant play it.....thus, I have no choice but to replace it.....I might do some pickup changes as well.....basically, I'm gonna mod the hell out of it.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by cookiez
I have been thinking of instaling a tremking in my grx40 for quite a while now aswell, the guitar just works for me, so no big surprise there.

Likewise here.....I've gotten some really good sounds with this guitar, hell if only the word gio wasnt there, people wouldnt even know it was a cheap arse guitar producing those awesome sounds.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Not much to add here. I had a GIO and had to sell it because the neck was insanely front bowed.

It's a good guitar for the price, but unfortunately it aint worth upgrading that much.

You could get another Ibanez, maybe used, and keep the GIO as a second guitar.
Last edited by 1990EAM at Aug 7, 2011,
Sir, I think it's time for a guitar upgrade.

Keep your GIO.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by sstony
A new trem cost more then those guitars are worth new.

This. It's not worth it.
I've had my GIO for 8 years now, although I never use the tremolo. I have it blocked with two pieces of wood. Stays in tune very well, though.
Thanks for the opinion guys.....

A new trem is definitely gonna cost me, even if I get a new guitar I would still have to change the bridge on my GIO, cuz I cant play it anymore....that kinda sucks.....damn.....
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Quote by kennethdave
Humidity basically killed my bridge....I cant even lock my 6th string in properly, so now i cant play it.....thus, I have no choice but to replace it.....I might do some pickup changes as well.....basically, I'm gonna mod the hell out of it.....

While you're at it, why don't you replace the body to a better tone-wood, and the neck to better wood and frets?
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
^ In that case I would just buy a new guitar and display this one in a glass cabinet
~Bruce Dickinson~

"Various equipments"
Just get attached to a newer, better guitar. Five is nothing in a lifetime.
Quote by kennethdave
Hi guys, my bridge on my GIO is really really worned out.....its been five years already....

And I was thinkin of changing it, the default floating trem that came with it is an ordinary one.....I was wondering is it possible to upgrade to like the newer bridges from Ibanez, ie the Edge bridges or the ZR....??

Why not just get another guitar and keep the Gio like it is.

This is just a thought buy a parts guitar off ebay for a $100 swap the bridge do a proper setup and enjoy both the repaired Gio and whatever else you get.

Noting to cheer you up like a new guitar day IMHO
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier