I'd prefer around $800, but I'm willing to go a bit higher if there's a huge difference in quality. I play blues, classic rock, modern rock, alternative, and metal( Nothing too distortiony though, the heaviest I might play is some Megadeth stuff.). I'd really prefer new, as my dad is convinced that buying anything used or off of the internet is a ripoff, so that's not happening. I'm gonna start gigging soon, so I need something decently loud, but I don't want to be lugging around a 70 pound amp (I'm looking at you, Valveking 212). I have a Fender MiM Strat HSS, if you need to know. Thanks.
Dude, if you buy of say eBay you got a thousand things to secure your money and if you are not happy with the product eBay will take care of your money return, etc... but, if you want new for that price I suggest a Jet City combo, they are veeeeeery nice (I have stack, but the combos are sick) and they play those styles.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Dude, if you buy of say eBay you got a thousand things to secure your money and if you are not happy with the product eBay will take care of your money return, etc... but, if you want new for that price I suggest a Jet City combo, they are veeeeeery nice (I have stack, but the combos are sick) and they play those styles.

I'd love to buy used. Only thing is, my dad's gonna be paying for most of it, and he trusts the internet about as much as a sweaty man in an old white van.
Blackstar HT40/ HT60 are both really nice. Nice and loud, not too heavy (definitely not heavier than my 6505+ combo. 9 (112!) That's right, bracket within a bracket.) Has great cleans, and is a versatile monster.
Check out the Blackstar HT-5RS. I can't wait to hear this thing in person. This model is going to be available around the middle of September in the US for about $600. Plenty of reviews on youtube from EU. Portability, effects loop, MP3 line in, 2 X 12'' Blackbird 50w speakers. Good luck with your search & gigs.

http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/ht-5/ht-5rs.php

paste that into your browser.
Cheers.
Carvin V3M
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by JTNorquay
Blackstar HT40/ HT60 are both really nice. Nice and loud, not too heavy (definitely not heavier than my 6505+ combo. 9 (112!) That's right, bracket within a bracket.) Has great cleans, and is a versatile monster.

HT60 is awesome. Comes in either 112 or 212 but you probably would like the 112 cause its lighter.

I'd vote towards an AC30/AC15.. Again, the AC30 is heavier, but sounds better.

I really like this, its built better than all the amps above.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-super-sonic-112-guitar-combo-amp/480874000136000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26039797

I'd go with anything AT LEAST 15W with a 12", which seems to be what you are looking for.

The blackstar is very versitile, the fender is pretty blues/rock. But the ACs are somewhere in the middle. Not as versitile as the HT-60 but it can do the job.

AC30 if ya want clean headroom though.
Quote by Zeletros
Your father is buying you something for 1000$?

OT: Buy from ebay

He's not paying for all of it, but he's paying about $5-600. I said I'd prefer 800 cause that's what we agreed on, but I could gather up 200 more for something exceptional. Thanks for the advice though. Out of these, I'm thinking the Blackstar HT-60 looks pretty good, I'm gonna try to convince my dad to buy used, maybe show him this thread. Thanks guys.

Edit: I might as well get the 2x12" one, it's only a 13 pound weight difference and a hundred bucks more.
Last edited by UchiaUltima at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by UchiaUltima
He's not paying for all of it, but he's paying about $5-600. I said I'd prefer 800 cause that's what we agreed on, but I could gather up 200 more for something exceptional. Thanks for the advice though. Out of these, I'm thinking the Blackstar HT-60 looks pretty good, I'm gonna try to convince my dad to buy used, maybe show him this thread. Thanks guys.

Edit: I might as well get the 2x12" one, it's only a 13 pound weight difference and a hundred bucks more.

Its a great amp if you are a master at the EQ.
Having owned one in the past, I think the Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 combo is always a good choice especially for the music you're playing.

Normally it goes a little higher than your bidget, but every once in a while they can be found in your price range. But you said you don't want anything heavier than 70 lbs; those Tremoverb combos are around 100 It's a bitch to move for sure, but good exercise.

The 1x12 Rectoverb is nice too, but its cleans and reverb doesn't compare to the Trem's.
Buy something off Guitar Center's used website if he won't let you buy from private sellers, they come with a 30 day guarantee, if I'm not mistaken, and are coming from a reputable dealer:

used.guitarcenter.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com