Hey

I'll say first off i'm not extremely knowledgable about pickups and how they work so try to explain in as much detail as possible! haha.

Here goes. I recently bought these pickups:
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Calibrated-Pickup-Set-Hot-Lead-Lil-Puncher-Import-Telecaster_p_149.html
For my squire telecaster. They sound pretty cool but when i use my bridge pickup and turn my amp up i get the loudest squeal ever! I'm using a noise suppressor but when i play it just squeals behind what im playing and sounds horrible.

My dad fitted the pickups for me himself and hadn't ever done it before, so could it be that he's made a mistake and left something exposed? I also read somewhere that the bridge may not be fastened down tight enough which causes the bridge pickup to squeal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James
yeah they mightn't be tight enough in the pickup socket (is that the word?)... though the actual pickups themselves might be microphonic. if they are, and you bought new, just send them back to get replacements.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thnanks for the help! What does microphonic mean? I bought them from the US so sending back could be expensive! I'll try tightening them up in the pickup socket too
normally it means the wax potting has come loose so the coils can vibrate and squeal
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?