Hey guys, im 15 and have been wondering how i can find a good drummer for a white stripes/black keys duo. As you know it is hard to find someone who you connect with and i live in a tiny town. How did you start your bands and find musicians? Thanks.
Put oud adds, go to local music events, talk to people, get the word out you know? sooner or later people will react. You should also be open for other things, be flexibel.
Quote by God
I'm Omnipotent, which is to say that my dick eats both meat and plants

Ronnie and Steele, Rockstars today aint half as real.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio & Peter Steele
Don't just look for somebody really talented, look for somebody really dedicated. Because that kind of stuff isn't exactly super hard on drums, but if you find someone who really loves it, even if they're bad, they don't have much to grow from.
I can give you some advices from my experience of creating a band that kinda failed:

1) Drummers, bassists and singers are hard to find.
Luckily, you want a duo - so you're gonna have a short but difficult time.

2) I had guitarist in my band that preferred getting wasted and kill his liver with booze than showing to a rehearsal.
DON'T PLAY WITH THAT KIND OF PEOPLE!
They can be the greatest/smartest musicians you've ever with, but they have a lack of professionalism, which means to me that they simply don't have enough passion to music or any kind of respect for you!
You'll never know then and how they're gonna f**k up your band or your music.
Last rehearsal I did with my band he made me and drummer wait an hour for him and he didn't brought his guitar! (the most basic thing for a musician!)

3) That same guitarist would've criticize anything I wrote and anything the lead guitarist/singer wrote, but he wtore for a thrash metal band some stupid smartass muzak chords in order to be clever.
IF A MUSICIAN DISRESPECTS YOUR MUSIC YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY HIM/HER!
There's criticizing and there's disrespecting!
I think you'll know what you're facing...

4) I played with this friend of mine that told me that he's gonna do a comeback on drums.
I did one rehearsal with him to realize that he didn't played the drums for like a year and a half.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME/MUSIC ON MUSICIANS THAT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW THEY'RE PLAYING THEIR INSTRUMENT!
You can even ask a friend or something and it should be enough preparation.

I hope I helped at something.
I sorry if english is ain't perfect - I'm Jerusalemite. Israel!
I had hard time with my band (Social Necrosis), but I learned a lot and I had a massive fun!!!
Dukey Uses & Abuses:

A Jackson Kelly, A Gibson Les Paul, 2 Fender amps,An Ibanez bass, A Digitech RP350
thanks but i actually found a band! i starteed asking around and found this thing called stillwater. they placed me in a band my age and im quite happy with it. not a duo but what ever rright