Page 1 of 2
Im a huge huge huge fan of Silent Hill and thank Akira is a musical mastermind, but im yet to find anyone else that shares my love of Silent Hill. Any fans?
huge fan yes
also thumbs up on the akira
i was actually just talking to my buddy over here in afghanistan about it earlier and we were also discussing tattoos and i told him i was considering a silent hill themed tattoo of sorts.
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Last edited by 6stringsin at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by 6stringsin
huge fan yes
also thumbs up on the akira

Im praying Downpur is good but...it probably wont be. SH 1-4 will forever have my heart though.
Quote by jetfuel495
I liked the movie. Watched it twice. Never played the games, though.

Oh God my friend, you must play the games. The movie was alright but the games are some scary shit. And the music, oh God the music.
I've only played the first game. It was the only game that I actually found scary, which is pretty impressive when you consider that PS1 graphics look like origami figures.

I heard the second game is the best in the series.
Quote by genghisgandhi
omg you live in chernobyl ur so brutal

That is the joke. "ur" isnt a word by the way.
Huge fan of the games as well. Akira Yamaoka is a genius; quite a shame that he won't be composing music for the series anymore =/. But I'm sure SH: Downpour will be awesome, regardless.

What is everyone's favorite game/story? It's always been a tie between 2 and 3 for me.
Said the straight man to the late man: "where have you been?"

"I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between."
Quote by sashki
I've only played the first game. It was the only game that I actually found scary, which is pretty impressive when you consider that PS1 graphics look like origami figures.

To me SH2 and SH4 were the scariest. SH3 was more of a fun game and was still scary as shit. SH1 I never finsihed because when I got it I was young and couldnt play it because i got afraid.lol
Quote by OptmsRhyme
Huge fan of the games as well. Akira Yamaoka is a genius; quite a shame that he won't be composing music for the series anymore =/. But I'm sure SH: Downpour will be awesome, regardless.

What is everyone's favorite game/story? It's always been a tie between 2 and 3 for me.

Yeah, I will miss his scary music. I lovedlovedloved SH4 and SH3.
Those ghost in SH4 piss me off though, everytime.
Will any Silent Hill fan actually understand if I start talking about the explanation of the Spiritual Nexus that is evidently the sum total of all Silent Hill inhabitants that is so obviously explained and beautifully rendered by the series as a whole?
i must say once 4 came around i started losing faith, especially since 4 wasnt supposed to be a silent hill game at first, but for not being from team silent, i think that origins was a mighty fine game, and then homecoming was a bit of a pile..
Gear:
1982 Washburn T-bird
2007 BC Rich Warbeast
Quote by Colohue
Will any Silent Hill fan actually understand if I start talking about the explanation of the Spiritual Nexus that is evidently the sum total of all Silent Hill inhabitants that is so obviously explained and beautifully rendered by the series as a whole?

Im sure we will try to understand.lol
Absolutely love the Silent Hill movie. I am yet to play any of the games but I would love to! But I do play the L4D Silent Hill custom campaigns
Quote by Colohue

Well ya see, now ya got us intrigued...

The ghosts in SH4 used to make me raaage. I was never a big fan of 4, but it did have its moments. The hospital and prison levels in that game were scary as hell
Said the straight man to the late man: "where have you been?"

"I've been here and, I've been there and, I've been in between."
I saw the movie...and a LP of Silent Hill 3. Apart from that , I think if I play the games I'll get lost easily or just get frustrated at dying a lot when not knowing what to really do.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Colohue

All I remember is that Samael is a dick.
Played Silent Hill 1 and 2. Scary as shit!

Pyramidhead used to freak me out. Nightmare hospital levels are freaky too.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I was playing Homecoming at my friend's house on the PS3 but the poor face detailization made me cringe.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Loved the movies. Played the first game on an emulator and couldn't finish because the game play was just so bad. Considering playing the other games, when I find the time, so I probably won't.
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
I've seen the movie and i"m currently playing the first game. It's great. I can't wait for the second movie.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
All I remember is that Samael is a dick.

Given that his name refers to the Jewish Angel of Death, this makes sense really.

Silent Hill is a psychologists dream. The series is one of the most in-depth and intense studies into the question of 'what is reality?' that there has ever been, using the concept that the filters we apply to reality in order to create our perception of it, does not die with us. Instead, powerful minds take their filters and create something of an additional world within their own minds that, when applied to what is real, becomes their reality. This is exactly how Schizophrenia is diagnosed.

This other world can be seen to live on. SH4 is particularly evident of this, and is the most obvious example, but the town of Silent Hill acts as a spiritual Nexus, drawing the other world out of people, and thus bringing their deepest, darkest fears to live.

It is done in an utterly brilliant manner. That said, I can not be arsed actual playing any more survival horror games, since the story behind Resident Evil is also marvellous, just very different. One day, I intend to sit somebody of a nervous disposition in front of my TV and force them to play each and every Silent Hill game, from start to finish and from ending to ending, while I soak up the beauty.

That day will be godly.
Games are fun, but I honestly thought the movie was the scariest film ever made.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Huge fan myself. Also

Quote by sashki

In my opinion you are correct, although I know people who have perma-boners for 3. Both are great, but I like 2 better.

And while I'm here, any opinions on Silent Hill 8, just looking at the trailer. Hopefully it's better than Shattered Memories -_-
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by BobStinsonRules
I kinda like the music more than the games. Except for silent hill 2 which was incredible.

I actually understand that. The music in Silent Hill is just the bee's knees.
Quote by Colohue
Given that his name refers to the Jewish Angel of Death, this makes sense really.

Silent Hill is a psychologists dream. The series is one of the most in-depth and intense studies into the question of 'what is reality?' that there has ever been, using the concept that the filters we apply to reality in order to create our perception of it, does not die with us. Instead, powerful minds take their filters and create something of an additional world within their own minds that, when applied to what is real, becomes their reality. This is exactly how Schizophrenia is diagnosed.

This other world can be seen to live on. SH4 is particularly evident of this, and is the most obvious example, but the town of Silent Hill acts as a spiritual Nexus, drawing the other world out of people, and thus bringing their deepest, darkest fears to live.

It is done in an utterly brilliant manner. That said, I can not be arsed actual playing any more survival horror games, since the story behind Resident Evil is also marvellous, just very different. One day, I intend to sit somebody of a nervous disposition in front of my TV and force them to play each and every Silent Hill game, from start to finish and from ending to ending, while I soak up the beauty.

That day will be godly.

Oh shi-
^I have only read the review for Shattered memories, it said the game was fun once you get passed the fact that there are no weapons, the only true complaint was the controls, trying to shake off enemies with the Wiimote is difficult when you add the fact you move slower when injured, and it only got 6/10, so I guess the controls must have been that bad. I thought the psychological test in the beginning to bring out your fears in the beginning was intriguing.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Games are fun, but I honestly thought the movie was the scariest film ever made.

The movie was alot better than I thought it would be. The little girl actor sucked though, like almost enough to piss me off.
Quote by CPDmusic
Huge fan myself. Also

In my opinion you are correct, although I know people who have perma-boners for 3. Both are great, but I like 2 better.

And while I'm here, any opinions on Silent Hill 8, just looking at the trailer. Hopefully it's better than Shattered Memories -_-

Dude I am hoping Downpur will be good. God SH needs redemption!
Quote by Colohue

That day will be godly.

You're sick
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Page 1 of 2