Whenever i play my guitar, i always find something that i dont like about the tone. I try fiddling around with the Bass, Mid and Treble settings but nothing seems to be quite right. Could it be the gear i am using?

Currently a Marshall MG100FX and a Ibanez S570DXQM (original spec)

A lot of people give the MG a hard time but i find there are some aspects i like and some i dont.

Usually i play Metal/Rock so if you know good settings could you please share them with me?

Thanks
Quote by Speed-metal9000

Currently a Marshall MG100FX

You may not hate it, but that is the problem like it or not
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
You're probably looking for a high gain sound and as a former MG user, I can tell you, you aren't going to get it out of a vanilla MG amp. You should look into getting a tube screamer and an EQ peddle to really wrangle a decent tone out of it.

I got rid of my MG a long time ago and got a 6505+, never looked back. Today's lesson: never trust Zakk Wylde
Last edited by The Raven at Aug 7, 2011,
Have you ever played through a tube amp? Because I have a feeling it has what you're looking for. I've always found that the MG series lacks something, too. No, they aren't as bad as people give them credit for, but they're definitely not the last amp you'll ever need. Trust me, go try a tube amp. You won't regret it.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
Have you ever played through a tube amp? Because I have a feeling it has what you're looking for. I've always found that the MG series lacks something, too. No, they aren't as bad as people give them credit for, but they're definitely not the last amp you'll ever need. Trust me, go try a tube amp. You won't regret it.
He's got the right idea, OP. BTW Kaos, I'm adding you guys on ReverbNation, we aren't far from you, we should organize a show together in the future!
I'm not a fan of solid state distortion at all, to the point that my solid state amp is used as a ome channel clean amp, and coupled with a tube distortion pedal for when I need distorion. You're probably over the fact the distorion sounds weak, tinny and buzzy. Yep, that's solid state for ya.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Have the same amp, took me about 8 months to be satisfied (ish) with the tone. I eventually bought the Keeley modified Boss MT-2 pedal, but I'm definetly buying a tube amp when I have the money.