So,

I'm the guitarist and singer in a covers band and am getting fed up of the inevitable tap dancing routine! I've tried cutting out the effects but they just keep making their way back in..........

I've recently noticed the inclusion of fx loops on multi fx units. I'm a strict delay & mod in the loop guy so figure that I'd plug into the mfx, mfx loop send to amp input, amp loop send to mfx loop return, mfx output to amp loop return and this would enable any ods from the mfx to go before the amp.

So........

I don't want to spend too much which puts the TC G-system out and the Nova doesn't have the loop. The Digitech RP1000, Line 6 M13, HD400 & HD500 are the only models I'm seeing at a reasonable price.

Any thoughts?
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
there is a "4 cable method" that works with mfx such as the hd500 and m13. i think either would work great for your needs. the m13 is a little more straight forward and has no amp modeling, so it might be more up your alley
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It works with the rp1000 too.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Dilberto
I don't want to spend too much which puts the TC G-system out and the Nova doesn't have the loop. The Digitech RP1000, Line 6 M13, HD400 & HD500 are the only models I'm seeing at a reasonable price.

Any thoughts?
Yeah, get one of those. They're all good.
I had an M9 and I moved up to the M13. Both times I just had my dirt pedals in front, and the M9/M13 in the loop. Also, if you're sick of tap dancing, the latch mode on either could be a lifesaver.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Personally, I really like my rp1000. It's got the 4-cable method, and a stomp loop to run some actual stompboxes at some point in its processing (either pre or post fx). I can't speak for the other units, but it's a nice one. (I will say I like line 6's patch editing software more, though)
So... I went for the HD500. I use a multi-fx on vocals and believe that the HD500 can run a vocal chain and guitar chain at once; even less tap dancing! I was tempted by the RP1000 especially for the pedal loop but most of mine will be gotten rid of, maybe just keeping my Morpheus Droptune which doesn't really need to be used as such.
I went for the HD500 as it is less money than the M13 and comes with a metal expression pedal. To add a quality pedal to the M13 was going to push the price right up. The amp modelling will be a bonus, it will give me something to play with when I'm at home - I rarely use amps at home as I can't get them loud enough to sound any good anyway!!
Thanks for everyone's comments :0)
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.