Page 1 of 2
And it's making me a little uneasy. Partially from excitement, partially from not knowing what the hell is going to happen because I'm going from never moving and living with my family of 6 people to moving to be by myself. It just seems like a lot of shit I'll have to deal with. What's your experience, pitmonkeys of colleges worldwide?
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
They'll be the best years of your life mate, if you know how to have fun.

True you may be homesick and miss your family and what not, but if you want to, you can make the bestest friends at college and have the most awesome time.
I'm in the same boat, moving out in a few weeks and starting college at the end of the month
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Well, I've been at university in the UK for 2 years, but my experience has been slightly different to a lot of people's.

Most first-years live in the accomodation provided by the university ("Halls". I guess you call them "Dorms" in the US). I was not granted a place in halls. I rent a room in a shared house off campus. Although it's a lot cheaper, it's also a lot more antisocial, but I'm fine with that.

In my experience, university has been just like going to school, except I have fewer friends and don't go out on weekends as often.

Just goes to show that everyone's experience is different.

And don't worry about it. Everyone is in the same boat when they start. There's plenty of people to help you find your way around and get settled in. You'll make friends quickly.

My advice: Learn to cook at least 5 meals before you move out. Also, don't buy the cheapest kitchen ware. Cheap frying pans wear out within 2 months of normal use, and you get teflon all over your food. Spend the extra cash and buy a good one once, rather than several cheap ones.
It's very easy to get lazy because no-one will force you to study. You really have to take matters into your own hands. I still haven't mastered this. Do your best to be organised.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 7, 2011,
Stay on top of your shit is all I have to say.

Oh and watch how much you eat out, money burns quick on fast food.
Going to uni. Can't wait : D
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Yeah for the class of 2015! (at least here in the US) I'm moving out in a couple of weeks as well.
Quote by blake1221
Stay on top of your shit is all I have to say.

Oh and watch how much you eat out, money burns quick on fast food.

i thought you were talking about something else

(oral sex on women)
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
DO NOT LIVE ALONE!

Seriously, it's gonna be the biggest ball sucking of your life if you live alone. Trust me, I'm in that situation right now.

You think it might be uncomfortable living in a big dorm with shared bathrooms and stuff, but trust me, you won't get bored.

Even if your room mates are the biggest nerds and chick-deflectors, you'll still have some one to talk to. It might sound cheesy, but everyone has their talents and you can learn something from everyone, even if they're just a bad example.

And another one:
EVERYTIME THERE IS A GIRL SITTING ALONE, YOU WILL SIT NEXT TO HER!

You can make it the best time of your life, or the worst. You decide.

Show a bit effort and you'll see that it will pay off.
Quote by blake1221
What's that?

it's what you get when you mix tomato sauce with cream cheese lignon. go back to bed, sweetie.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by G.Krizzel
And another one:
EVERYTIME THERE IS A GIRL SITTING ALONE, YOU WILL SIT NEXT TO HER!

Good idea.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by MangoStarr
cocaine and hookers

this.

seriously, though, i'm in a similar situation. i moved out last week, i'm living in an apartment with my cousin (though she works all day) and i start college tomorrow. but yeah, i spent the past year in europe not living with my family so i'm kind of used to.

it's fun. you're gonna be okay. just don't be like me and actually remember to eat. don't become an alcoholic.
I have a feelining I'm gonna be like you when I have to leave next year. So nervous :/
going into my 2nd year at uni, got a house with a few friends should be good.

my advice to OP, if you smoke weed prepare for the most baked 8 months of your life
Best year of my life so far. Moving out is so ****ing good. If you're sober more than once a month you're doing it wrong.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last year was my Freshman year. Shit was awesome, you'll have a great time.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I'm the most asocial ****er out of everyone I've met, and in my first year of uni I still made more than enough friends to never be bored. You'll be fine.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
and as for the people talking about uni being quite difficult / time consuming it really only depends on your major.

im majoring in history. the only time i studied was the day before a test or exam (and i studied by just reading power point / book) missed a shit ton of classes (went 3 weeks without going to a single one) and was just baked the entire time. finished with 0 fails and lowest mark was a D+ and it was that low cause i didnt study for the exam and missed a mid term.

uni can be quite easy if your in the arts.
The first year of college changed my life. I met some of the most amazing people I've ever met in my entire life, was presented with all sorts of opportunities that I've never had before, went on a once-in-a-lifetime kind of adventure during spring break with 10 other students, met my amazing girlfriend and started to gain social skills that I previously lacked completely.

Keeping up with classes can be hard, especially your first year because everything is so new, but go to your classes and do your work. My roommate never went to class and I just don't understand why or how he paid 20 grand tuition to sit on his ass and do nothing every day. Remember that you're there for a purpose, but don't let that stop you from meeting new people and having fun.

And yeah, don't become an alcoholic or pothead. It won't help.

You'll figure it all out when you get there
Quote by chud123
and as for the people talking about uni being quite difficult / time consuming it really only depends on your major.

im majoring in history. the only time i studied was the day before a test or exam (and i studied by just reading power point / book) missed a shit ton of classes (went 3 weeks without going to a single one) and was just baked the entire time. finished with 0 fails and lowest mark was a D+ and it was that low cause i didnt study for the exam and missed a mid term.

Most courses can be easy, if you don't try.

I found most modules can be passed without attending any lectures and just learning the notes a few days before the exam. However. University is as hard as you make it. If you want a 1st you are gonna work for it.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Lots of cool folks, lots of posers, lots of *****s. Easy to get in the good books with all of em. The schoolwork isn't difficult
Quote by chud123

Some people, including yours truly, actually cares about their grades, and want results a bit above passing.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
you realize that grades dont actually mean anything unless you are

1. going to be attending grad school
2. are in a program where class rankings are looked at (ie. doctor)
Quote by chud123

Or

3. Actually care about what you're studying and want your moneys worth

The idea that grades mean nothing as long as you pass in the end is something that should end in high school. You should be in college to better yourself, not just to barely pass and get a degree.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Or

3. Actually care about what you're studying and want your moneys worth

The idea that grades mean nothing as long as you pass in the end is something that should end in high school. You should be in college to better yourself, not just to barely pass and get a degree.

Or if you don't have 30,000 dollars a year and need scholarships.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I'm off in October. Thoroughly looking forward to it.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by fearofthemark
Or if you don't have 30,000 dollars a year and need scholarships.

This too. I'm in this situation as well. Good grades are important and helpful, regardless of your major.
Quote by chud123

3. Have something that sets you apart in the pool of applications during this shabby job market.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
You're there to get an education. Don't let the fact that you have to go to classes interfere with that.

University had many great memories for me, and I loved the academic lifestyle. I graduated in 1985, but still remember it like yesterday.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I'm starting college in 3 days. I still live at home though since it's just 15 minutes away from my school.
cat
Page 1 of 2