hi guys I recently bought a jvm 410 wich I love for everything except death metal, I know this is not an amp for that but It has tons of gain it just needs a little boost fot more tightness, my question is, wich boost pedal can I use? im deciding between a maxon od808 a keely moded ds-1 and a xotic overdrive, but wich one is more suitable for death and extreme metal? i.e cannibal corpse, dying fetus and even in flames thanks
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
yeah that was the vid who put the maxon on the list I think right now thats no.1
-Dean Dave mustaine vmnt
-Ibanez Rg550 90'
Jvm410c
IFUCKINLOVEMARTYFRIEDMAN
Which Xotic?

Their pedals are great, and I'm inclined to say, will most likely be better sounding - However, they are also quite expensive for a single pedal.

I use an OD-808 and it's great for tightening up amps, it will do what you want, without a problem.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
any kind of tubescreamer clone is probably going to work, more or less.

I'd also defy you to tell the difference between them run into an already heavily distorted amp. Into a clean amp, maybe, into heavily distorted? doubt it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
try a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive. does the tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch to up the gain even more. if this pedal doesn't do it nothing will. has a really good eq as well.