Has it happened to you guys that your job/college/life in general screws your guitar time? I've just joined b-school and I barely get time to play! I used to play at least 3 hours a day and now I barely get time to play for half an hour a week!!! ****!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Nah, polyphasic sleep ftw.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

as long as it doesn't get the other way around, you'll be fine...
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
no, I just become a hermit for a week or two sometimes and get guitar time in
Well usually before you get a job you can make time for it, but when you do, you will probably only get to play on the weekends. This will happen until you retire. Then when you retire, assuming you do so at 60, you'll be too tired to do anything.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Nope. Uni life ftw
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Not my guitar time, but my band time, which is more important than my guitar time because my guitar time is just me sitting around learning Smiths songs or something for shits/giggles. Band time is where the magic happens.
My life directly influences my guitar playing.

Quote by neidnarb11890
Not my guitar time, but my band time, which is more important than my guitar time because my guitar time is just me sitting around learning Smiths songs or something for shits/giggles. Band time is where the magic happens.

Also this. It sucks when you actually start to get self esteem as a band then realize there's no possible way to sustain it because y'all are on the other side of the country. ****ing sucks.
no matter how busy i am, i try to get at least 10 mins of guitar a day even if it just playing along with my ipod
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Well you have to reconsider whats more important to you: Your potential future, or getting good at an instrument that many people play.

I myself have just lost interest in my guitar. Maybe I'll play it again in the future. Who knows?
Yes, I play 30 minutes max during (American) football season just because I'm so sore and exhausted from practice I come home, eat, shower, and sleep before waking up and doing it all over again.

Money problems also interferes with my guitar playing. My guitar has gone stringless for weeks before because I couldn't pitch 6 bucks on some EB's and my B52 has 3 blown tubes at the moment. I have a job, but food, gas and my girlfriend kinda piss my wages away.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I play for at least 2 hours a day with no trouble. I expect I can even keep it up when school starts again.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
As a classical guitarist, I need to maintain long-ish fingernails on my right hand. Trying to keep well-shaped, clean fingernails while working warehouse and construction jobs is almost impossible.
During the summer I've been playing probably 5 hours a day, maybe more because I always have my guitar around me and a practice amp, but when school starts, I imagine I'll be too tired and have a lot of work to play every day for hours, maybe only 30-45 mins each day,
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by laid-to-waste
my guitar time screws with my life.

Pretty much.

I'm a huge procrastinator, combined with guitar, and that means I get no sleep at night.
Yeah lately I haven't played as much. It's not that I don't have the time, it's that I just don't feel like it. Usually I would play all the time when I'm at home, but for some reason I'm just not feelin it lately.
Hopefully it'll pass
All the time, but sometimes i'm glad it does, because if I constantly kept playing for too long, then i'd get an even more serious case of writer's block. But recently, I wish I had much more time for the guitar.
Nah. I work about 30 hours a week so I have plenty of time for the guitar. If I have a day off, I usually spend at least three hours playing. I playing for a similar amount of time if I'm working too, depending on what shift I'm doing.
Starting music college in a couple of weeks, will spend half of the school day making music.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by GuitarViking
Starting music college in a couple of weeks, will spend half of the school day making music.

This!

My life during school is pretty evenly split between guitar time and girlfriend time

And I have band practice a few times every month, and we play about one show a month so that helps too.

Yeah, now that I think about it my life is pretty awesome
Man, it seems like I have no time at ALL these days! The days just melt into each other; I dont even know when the week begins and when it ends! ****. And then I hear some kick ass hendrix or some crazy melodic metal and I'm like, if I had a few hours a day for a few weeks, I could nail that shit, but NO. ****!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Yeah life eats guitar time. As an Insulator, i've got my hands filled with more black caulk then kim kardashian could handle. Squeezing that black caulk everywhere makes my wrist sore so its hard to play some days. Sometimes it drips onto my hair and face and really makes a huge mess. Cleaning caulk out of your skin and hair sucks.
I am too busy with music conservatory work to be playing guitar.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I have played guitar for maybe a total of 6 or 7 hours since starting college two years ago. So basically, yes, I hardly ever play anymore
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Eh, I don't play at home for myself very much, but I play in church 3 times a week, 4 if you count practice. That is enough to keep me satisfied if i can't play at home, and that's around a job and school as well. I think people who say they are too busy just have other priorities, which is fine, just an excuse is all.
I've lost all motivation to play it. I've learned all the songs I want to, I've written all the songs I can and I don't have anywhere near enough time to get the practise in to actually improve across the board.
Maybe I'll sit and strum on my acoustic a bit if I get a free few minutes in my days, but aside from that I don't even pick it up except to move it out of the way.
And all my electrics are stored in their cases in another room atm.
Yeah but I just got a new amp so I'm really hyped about that.
"Life is an obscure hobo bumming a ride on the omnibus of art."
Well currently i'm living at my dads untill my lease starts on my new house so i cant play because he works from home and it annoys him. saying that when i move to my new house i will be back at uni and have little time for it with lectures, work, kayak training and nights out
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+