Did this late last night, so there's really no theme.

bradulator's mixtape

Length: 40 minutes
Tracklist:

Woody Guthrie - I Ain't Got Nobody
Dinosaur Jr. - Houses
Tacks, The Boy Disaster - Forget Me Not
TV On The Radio - Killer Crane
Mum - The Ghosts You Draw On My Back
Jeff Mangum - Engine
The White Stripes - Hello Operator
Albert Hammond Jr. - Holiday
Miracle Fortress - Gestures
Beastie Boys - The Sounds of Science
Buddy Holly - Everyday
The Mountain Goats - The Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton

Enjoy!

Signup thread

NEXT:
August 14th - wizards?
August 21st - jiminizzle
August 28th - TheReverend724
September 4th - uhh_me?
September 11th - due_07
September 18th - Joshua1207
September 25th - jimmy_neutron
October 2nd - eazy-c
October 9th - UncleRemus
October 16th - turncoat60%

ALTERNATE:
BK202
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I just got done listening to it. It was decent. Although there were a couple songs I didn't care for ( the Woody Guthrie and Mum songs), it was still okay. Also, for some reason, the Dinosaur Jr. song was played twice in a row when I was listening to the playlist, not sure if the site was messing up or if you accidentally put it there twice.
It was good. There were a couple of tracks that were pretty sweet, a couple I didn't like(I've had a lifelong hatred of Jeff Mangum and John Darnielle... Long story) but all in all it was great except for one thing... I was going to use that exact same song by Tacks, The Boy Disaster and you stole it

Seriously though, you get +10 indie cred for using Tacks. I'm going to start working on mine as we speak. Expect something quite different, and hopefully something pretty badass.
Last edited by wizards? at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by wizards?

Seriously though, you get +10 indie cred for using Tacks. I'm going to start working on mine as we speak. Expect something quite different, and hopefully something pretty badass.

I've got mine done and I have a month left lol.
Quote by wizards?
It was good. There were a couple of tracks that were pretty sweet, a couple I didn't like(I've had a lifelong hatred of Jeff Mangum and John Darnielle... Long story) but all in all it was great except for one thing... I was going to use that exact same song by Tacks, The Boy Disaster and you stole it

Dude awesome, I've only ever known two people in my life, including people on this website, who like Tacks. Sorry bout stealing it haha. But it's a great song.

I just got done listening to it. It was decent. Although there were a couple songs I didn't care for ( the Woody Guthrie and Mum songs), it was still okay. Also, for some reason, the Dinosaur Jr. song was played twice in a row when I was listening to the playlist, not sure if the site was messing up or if you accidentally put it there twice.

Yeah, those two are both ones that were kindof risky to throw on there, one essentially being folk country and the other with vocals that are weird as hell. But I dig em both so ah well.
Last edited by bradulator at Aug 7, 2011,
stuck.

i'll listen tomorrow, but right now i'm thinking of banning joshua#s for not liking Woody Guthrie and maybe making him write me an essay about how important of a figure he is in order to get unbanned.
His guitar killed fascists, damnit

Quote by uhh_me?
stuck.

i'll listen tomorrow, but right now i'm thinking of banning joshua#s for not liking Woody Guthrie and maybe making him write me an essay about how important of a figure he is in order to get unbanned.

lol those kind of artists are very very hit or miss with me. He is a miss. I'm sorry though?
you guys have no clue how pumped i am that the alt/indie mixtape program is back. this was my favorite time of the week/month a few years ago.

loved that you started with the guthrie and ended with the goats. choice mixtape
Last edited by #1 synth at Aug 10, 2011,
Quote by #1 synth
loved that you started with the guthrie and ended with the goats. choice mixtape

All part of my plan. I think John Darnielle is probably the most honest and descriptive storyteller in his lyrics today, which I feel is comparable to Woody.

Quote by turncoat60%
nice mix. only song i didnt like was mum's. Hail Satan!

And I also just really wanted to end with some hail satans.
Very cool mix. Loved the Mangum track...
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."