I personally don't own drums, and you know like a common nervous habit is to bite nails etc?

I usually just air-drum on my lap, or just tap with my fingers.

Do any of you drummers do it when there's no drums around?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I do. I'm a guitarist though, not a drummer.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I do. I'm a guitarist though, not a drummer.

mm, same.
yeah i dont even drum but i dbl bass the **** outta my index and middle finger together sometimes...
I don't own drums either, and I frequently tap my fingers, usually just my right hand. Since I don't own drums and don't know anything really about how to be a drummer, I've developed this method that blends drums, bass and guitar into a fervent display of digit dancing. I think it happened because I've listened to Rush for so long and that holy trinity play around each other harmoniously so it came naturally to finger tap to all 3 portions. Its pretty fun, and I think it could only help for when I eventually get a bass. Because of how your brain strengthens itself due to frequent neuronal firing (neurons that "fire" together "wire" together) there are actually benefits (however incremental they may be, and however long it would take to really see a difference) to air drumming. Little exercises like these should be reinforced. I try to throw in some kick drum action as well. But I should probably exercise both hands.
Yeah, I tap out rhythms and grooves all the time with all 4 limbs honestly, to work on things like coodination or limb independence you don't even really need an actual set of drums handy, or sticks/pedals, and going over things when I'm not at my kit and I'm bored (like in school) has been quite useful for me. That's also basically how I learned a set of cover songs for a gig, also.

As for air drumming yes, usually I will to any song that I'm feeling majorly, but only in my room though, otherwise it's rather... unseemly.
does anybody else use their ass cheeks as bass pedals sometimes?

you can really feel the bass, you know?
I do it when i'm taking a dump on the toilet.... Then I get paranoid that someone has put a hidden camera somewhere, so I stop
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I do it all the time. Seems like no matter where I am, I am a guitarist. It seems to help a bit with finger movement.
All the time. I'm pretty badass.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
I play snare on a mouse pad, does that count?

I am a sax player in the band and the percussion instructors always give me that look like "Are you challenging me?," then I just start tapping.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Hell yeah, I DO.

All the time. When I'm at the park, school, mall, store, market. Anywhere actually.
Quote by Niiko
I do it when i'm taking a dump on the toilet.... Then I get paranoid that someone has put a hidden camera somewhere, so I stop

Are you referring to this? xD

I'm not a drummer, but you'll always see my hands pretending to play a massive drumkit while listening to Slayer or Divine Heresy.
Quote by Matt Heafy
I'm all over the place.
METAL!
I am getting always told off by my girlfriend for tapping constantly. I can't really help it, I just end up zoning out and thinking about a song I'm learning and start tapping it out
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I always do this, on any available surface. Sometimes, I'll even get a pair of sticks, and use my knee as the snare, and just stamp on the floor, where the bass pedal would be. Any metal object that clangs when you hit it becomes the cymbal.

I have such a sad little existance, haha.
My french teacher gets pretty annoyed with me when I start tapping the table and stop paying attention to her.
Absolutely, I air drum. I used to do it more when I was starting, then air drumming just wasn't good enough. I had to stop what I was doing, go home and jam.

It's very helpful, actually.
I air drum all the time. I am a bassist but I play a lot of hand perc (Cajon, Djembe) and I also play drums.

Sometimes Ill just start playin beats on like walls or railings. And I air drum a lot of times to songs.
Quote by Skinny91
I am getting always told off by my girlfriend for tapping constantly. I can't really help it, I just end up zoning out and thinking about a song I'm learning and start tapping it out

Welcome to my life.
Sucks right? I've been with her almost a year, I thought she'd realise nothing would change, lol
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I do so all the time, but if I'm in public I just use my right foot for the bass pedal, and use my left foot for the snare so no one would notice that I'm going apeshit while listening to my ipod

Sometimes I hit my hands really hard on my desk because I kinda 'miss' the air
i dont play drums but i air drum all the time. i want to eventually get a drum set though.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
I gotta say man, I don't know a single drummer who doesn't air drum or play on their legs or similar. Once you got it and you love it, you just don't wanna stop man. It's a habit.