So i've just watched an interview with Lemmy Kilmister about Randy Rhoads. He said "Although being a great guitarist he could not play 'asteroids' for sh*t". I was wondering what on Earth are asteroids when it comes to guitar, any ideas?? P.S Not quite sure if this was the right place to post this, but couldnt think of anywhere else.
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Asteroids isn't something you play on the guitar. It is the best computer game in history.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by MrWilson6
So i've just watched an interview with Lemmy Kilmister about Randy Rhoads. He said "Although being a great guitarist he could not play 'asteroids' for sh*t". I was wondering what on Earth are asteroids when it comes to guitar, any ideas?? P.S Not quite sure if this was the right place to post this, but couldnt think of anywhere else.

Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Last edited by Lovecannon at Aug 7, 2011,
Oh my... Don't i feel like an idiot! Why the hell would he start talking about that in an interview about guitar... Strange man! Lmaoo my apologies for wasting your time XD
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I'll just go crawl back into my hole... ;P
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Strange man!

Yep, that pretty much sums Lemmy up.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Lets not turn this into the Lemmy hate club! Lmaoo This post should be moved to the pit, i'd feel like less of an idiot then...
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Quote by MrWilson6
Lets not turn this into the Lemmy hate club! Lmaoo This post should be moved to the pit, i'd feel like less of an idiot then...

Thats actually a bad idea. Those pit monkeys would rip you a new one, you'd be better off with the nicer EG folk.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
ROTFL. BAHAHAHA! Dude, Asteroids is the complex sounds you can get out of a guitar when you use strings from outer space...idiot.
@TS: http://www.play.vg/games/4-Asteroids.html

I do not remember this game being so hard!

Then, all the old school games are ridiculously hard for no reason
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the damn wrap around screen could mess anyone up.

man i miss that game.

always leave one rock out there so you could destroy all the ships for massive points.
i played asteroids against lemmy back in 83 and he kicked my ass soundly as well. my best friend was the dj at the bar that motorhead was playing (brian robertson on guitar and the loudest bar show i've ever been at) so i got to meet the band before the show.
Quote by Offworld92
@TS: http://www.play.vg/games/4-Asteroids.html

I do not remember this game being so hard!

Then, all the old school games are ridiculously hard for no reason

There is a very good reason they are so hard....to get the player to drop more quarters into the machine.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by monwobobbo
i played asteroids against lemmy back in 83 and he kicked my ass soundly as well. my best friend was the dj at the bar that motorhead was playing (brian robertson on guitar and the loudest bar show i've ever been at) so i got to meet the band before the show.
Pics or it was A Flock of Seagulls.

Quote by Ippon

nah i whipped Flock Of Bad Haircuts hands down . sorry if i had a pic i would have posted it. i don't really have any pix from those days as running around with a camera being a fan boy was frowned on. the rules were simple with my friend, don't act like an idiot when you meet any of the bands that play here. otherwise no more. by following that rule i got to meet a lot of big names. i did get some autographs but never even hounded anyone for those. if they offered i said great if not then i kept my mouth shut. a lot of those guys are hounded by fans constantly and appreciate it when you just keep it cool and act as if they are just another guy hanging out at the bar.

if you don't believe me i could care less i'm not here to "prove" myself to a bunch of guys on a forum. i'll share my stories and if some chose to not believe them fine no sweat off my balls.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by monwobobbo

if you don't believe me i could care less i'm not here to "prove" myself to a bunch of guys on a forum. i'll share my stories and if some chose to not believe them fine no sweat off my balls.

Chill. I can understand being cool around celebrities, etc. ... no need to be defensive. Pics or it didn't happen is a pretty standard response here or any other forums.
Quote by Ippon

Man, I just heard them on Big R Radio - The Wave. That brings back memories, especially of a girl I knew from university who's now a television news anchor out west.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
This has turned into quite the interesting thread... Though i forgot to mention it was my brothers fault i posted this he was the one who was trying to find out what asteroids were and well i was stupid enough to go and post it on here -_-
Gear!!!!

Engl Screamer 50
Quote by monwobobbo

ya but he couldn't play space invaders or defender for shit.

dude still owes me $5.