My first song since I left my band...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSz4u9K3ios

Guitars and bass recorded with Toneport UX2 and Gearbox.
Drums with Superior Drummer 2.0 (Avatar Kit)

Let me know anything that could be improved, or if you want to record vocals for it that would be awesome.

Subscribe to my channel as I'll be uploading covers and more originals
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Aug 8, 2011,
intro reminds me a lot of civil war - gnr
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
wow i really like this its hard but mellow at the same time guitars are amazing and drums are sick as well awesome job man keep it up i got alot oif ideas myself but im just in a rut in what to make i barely jam with anyone so im working on making some solo songs hopefully soon
in her eyes is really nice too
quality is better but i like this isnt just goodbye style is
better
I don't know how it could be too loud haha. It's way quieter than what I compared the volume to. I'm obviously not a pro so some tips on how to make it better would be nice...

Thanks for the positive comments! I forgot to mention C4C. I will check them out when I get home. I'll search for a vocalist, it really does need them.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by Fall of Allan
wow i really like this its hard but mellow at the same time guitars are amazing and drums are sick as well awesome job man keep it up i got alot oif ideas myself but im just in a rut in what to make i barely jam with anyone so im working on making some solo songs hopefully soon

Keep at it man, or even give it a rest for a while then come back to it. I was in a metalcore/post hardcore band and I would have got laughed at if i brought this song to them. It's really refreshing to do something different
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Aug 8, 2011,
thanks man i appreciate that yea i know im just getting confused in all of my ideas plus like i sadi i would like to do a solo project but im still working on alot of soloing techniques, im awesome at rythmn i can make a song like that but putting a solo to it that im satisfied with is really frustrating but im kinda of going for something like sammo_boi put up its really refreshing to hear ideas that im trying to put out myself sooo sooner or later i will get it all together thanks again
Critting as I listen...
Clean intro is nice. Cymbals a bit loud in the mix maybe. Like how it gets a bit heavy then after that, the thrash riffs come in and it really gets started. Kick drum has a bit of a dull 'thuddy' sound. I'd try EQ'ing it a bit to improve that. Tone of guitar is good though. Nice leads. Some vocals will fit well over this. 2nd clean part is good as well, to add some different textures to the peice. Another nice lead there. For some reason the final chord is quieter than the riffs that came before it, don't think that's a good idea, it kinda stops it from going out with a bang.
Overall it's very good, I like it. Get some vocals done and tweak a couple areas of production and it'll be excellent. Nice work

Also when I read the text in the info section 'Thanks to Chris Brown for helping with the drums' I though somehow it was going to have something to do with that douchebag who beat up Rihanna. Thankfully not lol!
Quote by MetalCommand
Critting as I listen...
Clean intro is nice. Cymbals a bit loud in the mix maybe. Like how it gets a bit heavy then after that, the thrash riffs come in and it really gets started. Kick drum has a bit of a dull 'thuddy' sound. I'd try EQ'ing it a bit to improve that. Tone of guitar is good though. Nice leads. Some vocals will fit well over this. 2nd clean part is good as well, to add some different textures to the peice. Another nice lead there. For some reason the final chord is quieter than the riffs that came before it, don't think that's a good idea, it kinda stops it from going out with a bang.
Overall it's very good, I like it. Get some vocals done and tweak a couple areas of production and it'll be excellent. Nice work

Also when I read the text in the info section 'Thanks to Chris Brown for helping with the drums' I though somehow it was going to have something to do with that douchebag who beat up Rihanna. Thankfully not lol!

Thanks! This is the first time I've used Superior Drummer, so I'll have to figure a few things out. I didn't really like the kick sound either, but I couldn't really figure out how to change it. I never noticed that final chord too, but it would make a huge difference.

And yeah I have a friend called Chris Brown
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I was digging it, no complaints from me. I liked the way you built up the song, go into a thrashy type thing and the breakdown. With vox it would be awesome.
Quote by angusfan16
I've quit this forum a few times.
Quote by hawk_kst
Poor mixing, especially on the drums. Everything is far too loud... The cymbals are dire...

The playing itself however is pretty decent (= Love the riff at 1:25.

this..great start though!

Cymbals are far too trebely...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.