So in a few weeks there's a big end-of-season match at my cricket club (I know most of you won't find the idea of cricket particularly thrilling, but this match is all good fun and more to do with drinking than playing). Anyway each batsman needs entry music as we take the field, and I still don't know what I'm gonna use. I'm thinking something metal but always open to other styles if it's suitably epic

So:
-What music am I going to take the field to?
-Discuss other epic entry music you've seen/heard/chosen, just for those who didn't understand the first bit
The New York Rangers (NHL team) get on the ice to GNR's "Welcome to the Jungle". If I were going to pick my entry music, it would be Parkway Drive's "Sleepwalker", pretty epic intro riff.
Won't get Fooled Again....epic
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by genghisgandhi
Well the 1979 doesn't make it look as cool to people who don't know them

Marijuana, cocaine, orgies, the Gibb brothers, bellbottoms, disco, what's uncool about 1979?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by sashki
Play "Kashmir" and walk in in slow motion

+1

Whole Lotta Love would be awesome.

Back in Black, but that isn't very original. Everyone and their gran has entered something with that song playing.

Nod Ya Head by Will Smith would be funny.

The chorus of Crosstown Traffic by Jimi Hendrix.

Nightrain by Guns 'N Roses.

Out Ta Get Me by Guns 'N Roses.

Bad Romance by Lady Gaga would be pretty cool. Especially the build up towards the ending chorus I think it is.

Tie Your Mother Down by Queen would make good entrance music.

Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi.

And the only other one I could think of would be Hysteria by Muse.
Walk in to the build-up / main riff of Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand. That's pretty badass.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Never Gonna Give You Up.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by LeakyFlask
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rvgzkMqs2s
There's really no doubt about it, this is your song.

oh god i would love to have that as entry music

but if you enter with some rebecca black pumpin i bet ud get all the cricket puss
Last edited by chud123 at Aug 7, 2011,
Just a small town girl...
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Something by Black Sabbath. Or Bat out of Hell for the sake of the pun.
Quote by genghisgandhi
At least choose a good Beefheart song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY7jOt3hhjc

That performance i linked is the best version of that one anyway. And his insanely low voice makes it tbh. Dust blows is good too though.

edit: actually, a lot of things off trout mask would be better as entry music.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 7, 2011,