This is a rather dark, slow blues song (sorry metal heads) about the end of times, this was inspired when I read this article about a lake drying up in texas, and that the water had turned as red as blood, like one of the signs of the apocalypse, the beat and rhythm is almost exactly like srv's texas flood, so tell me what you think guys, and don't hand me any stupid arguments about religion, I'm a christian and am proud, don't try changing that.

The lake’s dried up in texas,
The water’s blood red.
The water’s blood red.

The mustangs roam wild,
And the rider is dead.

Gabriel spread you wings,
Spread you wings high.
Take me from this earth,
Before the end of time.

*Short solo*

The water is blood red.
The water is blood red.

Those who ruined the earth
Will be ruined instead

*Long solo*

The trees will up root,
The thunder will roll.

Lighting will flash,
You’ll hear the bell toll.

It’s the end of times,
Your money won’t do you no good no more.

Well it’s the end of times,
It's to late to save your soul

*short solo*

Oh that lake turned red in texas now.
You’ll surely thirst to death.
I like it, kinda reminds me of Metallica's older stuff (Apocalypse themes).

The line "Gabriel spread your wings, spread your wings high" could use a bit of changing (if I may), maybe describing the wings etc in the second line. That was my fav verse from this by the way.

Also, would you mind if you crit mine?

Circles
That was awsome, very interesting and different. i mean that in a good way.

However i would consider changing the line

"Your money won’t do you no good no more."

to just

"Your money won't do you no good"

But other than that it had a great flow.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I like it, kinda reminds me of Metallica's older stuff (Apocalypse themes).

The line "Gabriel spread your wings, spread your wings high" could use a bit of changing (if I may), maybe describing the wings etc in the second line. That was my fav verse from this by the way.

Also, would you mind if you crit mine?

Circles

Thanks man, and that line was kind of inspired from a johny cash song (aint no grave) I might have a look at fixing it up a bit, really glad you like it, not many people enjoy old blues songs anymore.
Quote by joestrat5000
That was awsome, very interesting and different. i mean that in a good way.

However i would consider changing the line

"Your money won’t do you no good no more."

to just

"Your money won't do you no good"

But other than that it had a great flow.

Yeah I thought of that as well, it didn't flow as well, but still fit, I'll most likely change that!
Lol, I just put pen to paper about an hour ago to write an apocalyptic tune, how ironic.

Seriously though, that really paints a picture, I especially like the line, "Those who ruined the earth will be ruined instead".

Good stuff man, downright biblical...
Quote by BigAssSack
Lol, I just put pen to paper about an hour ago to write an apocalyptic tune, how ironic.

Seriously though, that really paints a picture, I especially like the line, "Those who ruined the earth will be ruined instead".

Good stuff man, downright biblical...

Thanks man that was actually based of a quote in one of the verses (forgot which one), really glad you guys liked this!
Also I might do a recording, but I haven't found my blues voice yet :'(
....Damn puberty hahaha
I like it, this sounds like a SRV song. I can seriously picture it, and I love the imagry in this poem.
Quote by Smokegt2
I like it, this sounds like a SRV song. I can seriously picture it, and I love the imagry in this poem.

Thanks man! I'm really glad you like it, stevie ray is a big inspiration of mine, it means a lot to me I can write something that could almost come halfway close to his haha. Thanks again!
I'd really actually like to use these lyrics in a song. They'd fit any sort of slow texas blues really, really well.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I'd really actually like to use these lyrics in a song. They'd fit any sort of slow texas blues really, really well.

What do you mean? Like you want to use this song?
Thanks for the complements guys, glad I finally wrote a good song, I have some better than this but either they're not finished or I'm not ready to release them yet.