Hi guys,

Im looking to buy a pair of Wayfarer's, and want to get them a little cheaper than from Sunglass Hut or something.

There are a bunch on Ebay, some of which I know are fake, but I see these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RAY-BAN-WAYFARER-ORIGINAL-BLACK-54MM-NEW-INBOX-W-TAGS-/230656285470?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item35b42f9b1e

Which are from a very high rated seller.

Anybody ordered from this guy or know anything about telling fakes from not fakes?

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by whatadrag
They're most likely stolen.

Yeah if it's too good it's either probably stolen or fake
I got my Ray Bans for 15 and they look exactly the same as real ones.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
kids these days, my glasses cost $5 and I bet anything they last just as long as those
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
Quote by ethan_hanus
$78 for plastic sunglasses? You're insane, you need to be shipped off to Siberia for wanting to buy that.
Most sunglasses are plastic.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
$78? Buy some fake ones. I got mine for 8 Euros in kefalonia and you couldn't tell the difference.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Just buy a cheap pair, they're almost all made by the same company anyway, Luxottica. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica
The expensive ones are only expensive due to price fixing, not due to quality; unless what you're looking for is some cut price conspicuous consumption.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by element4433
Most sunglasses are plastic.

My dads aren't, they are metal frame with plastic molding on them, but they are really sturdy, and cost him $150.

I wouldn't pay $78 for a chunk of plastic that'll break if I take em off wrong.
Quote by ethan_hanus
$78 for plastic sunglasses? You're insane, you need to be shipped off to Siberia for wanting to buy that.

Said the outspoken American capitalist

Don't bother with expensive sunglasses, dude. Buy $5 ones from a mall kiosk.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
You're paying for a label, it's complete shite.

Saying that, I'd still recommend getting fake ones of the same style because... Well Ray Bans are cool.
Quote by ethan_hanus
My dads aren't, they are metal frame with plastic molding on them, but they are really sturdy, and cost him $150.

I wouldn't pay $78 for a chunk of plastic that'll break if I take em off wrong.
I have a pair of the same sunglasses in the OP and they're sturdy enough to survive a basketball hitting them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

i got fake ray bans in turkey for £10, look exactly like the real thing, I also bought a pair of fakes of ebay, one black and one mirrored, for £3.50
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by element4433
I have a pair of the same sunglasses in the OP and they're sturdy enough to survive a basketball hitting them.

From personal experience? I'm just teasing.

Most glasses can take at least one hit, it's the multiple hits that gets em.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Yep. Right to the face.

I'm just saying they're sturdier than they look.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

There's nothing worse than seeing people with neon pink Ray Ban's, I don't see the problem with buying a fake pair, splash out on them though, not a £2 from primark type deal at least spend a tenner on them.
Last edited by jaybsp at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus

Are you planning on being hit in the face repeatedly?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
glad to see originality hasn't died *rolls eyes*
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
i have bought oakleys on ebay and the only way to truly tell if they are fake is to get them. once i received them i knew just from the weight and quality they were authentic. I do agree with everyone else on here though, why would you buy these when they make fake ones that are almost exactly the same. especialy because i feel like these sunglasses right now are just a fad that will most likly pass in a few months to a year. My Oakleys on the other hand are not easy to fake and the quality of real oakleys are outstanding. If your going to pay decent money for sunglasses get something that isn't a current fad or going to go out of style.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Last edited by iceh88 at Aug 7, 2011,
face it people aviators are the only sunglasses, all other mens sunglasses make you look like a bouncer or one of those small business owners who try and look cool talking in their bluetooth headsets in their wraparounds whist driving their secondhand bmws. Either that or a polar explorer
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
RetroGunslinger i agree with you

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by RetroGunslinger
face it people aviators are the only sunglasses, all other mens sunglasses make you look like a bouncer or one of those small business owners who try and look cool talking in their bluetooth headsets in their wraparounds whist driving their secondhand bmws. Either that or a polar explorer
Aviators are for greasy 15 year olds who think they're rebels but really are just boring losers who don't have any friends and know nothing about styyyyle.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I own more sunglasses than anything else, and most of them are cheap ones from malls and gas stations. But I still love them.

Out of 300+ pairs, maybe 10 are designer.

Quote by element4433
Aviators are for greasy 15 year olds who think they're rebels but really are just boring losers who don't have any friends and know nothing about styyyyle.

And fucking fedoras, god damn.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I own more sunglasses than anything else, and most of them are cheap ones from malls and gas stations. But I still love them.

Out of 300+ pairs, maybe 10 are designer.

And fucking fedoras, god damn.You got that ****ing right.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Eh, I have a 2nd hand pair of real Ray-bans, and I've worn quite a few pairs of fakes. If you're going to wear the glasses mostly for looks, the fake ones will do you just as well. The real ones are best if you actually care about the quality of the lens and the balance/feel of the glasses on your head. There's a sure difference in those categories. I've had my pair of Ray-bans for two years and my brother owned them for just as long. They've held up through a lot, and are a quality product.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by RetroGunslinger
face it people aviators are the only sunglasses, all other mens sunglasses make you look like a bouncer or one of thos e small business owners who try and look cool talking in their bluetooth headsets in their wraparounds whist driving their secondhand bmws. Either that or a polar explorer

I enjoy mixing it up with the aviators once in a while I don't have a pair of sunglasses at the moment, I do have these '80s incarnation of wayfarers but they're a bit too fragile for heavy use.

Don't drop that kind of money for something you're not even sure is genuine. Better yet, don't get too hung up on branding.
Last edited by thewho65 at Aug 7, 2011,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Just buy a cheap pair, they're almost all made by the same company anyway, Luxottica. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica
The expensive ones are only expensive due to price fixing, not due to quality; unless what you're looking for is some cut price conspicuous consumption.

Not exactly, Luxottica are actually Italian made and have high craftsmanship and quality control. The cheap pair although not necessarily bad are most likely made in China by children with little to no quality control or environmental regulation like 99% of the products sold in the US of A. I'm a cheap shades person myself but I did pick up a pair of Italian made SPY's on sale about a year ago and the overall quality of the frames and optical clarity of the lenses were definitely head and shoulders above the cheap shit I buy
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Aug 8, 2011,
I got a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators a while back for $60 from a legit dealer nearby. Might have been a year old or used or something, don't why they were cheaper, but I love 'em

Also have a pair of $120 sunglasses (Logan by SPY). Justified spending the money because they look awesome on me and they're polarized.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan

God Dayummmm

This thread is now about cool sunglasses (that aren't aviators, aviators are terrible... unless you're an aviator).
aviators are for kids who want that broke ass rockstar look.

anyway I rock the oakley holbrook steez, giant lenses but don't sit far from your face like wayfarers.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I've never liked Wayfarers. I don't understand why they're so popular.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Ive already got a pair of Revo Abyss, I just want a different look. I can't justify spending little money on shades cause they always end up broken or lost, I take so much better care of shades when they mean something to me.

Abyss.

My sporty look
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
the pic looks quite fake. the "Ray Ban" on the top right of the right lens is too bold. the pic is too low quality to actually see the "RB" on each of the lenses etched. and the faces of the sunglasses look to have too much of a curve.

but thats just the pic, and they could very well be authentic. real wayfarers are quite comfortable. I cannot wear my 7-11 $4 wayfarer copies for an hour without taking them off and rubbing my eyes and nose. real ones i can wear for the whole day without taking them off. of course, there can be many cheap copies that are made very well, but to me, comfortable knockoffs are hard to come by. personally i like polarized lenses but it's up to you.

and wayfarers come in metal (or polycarbonate or some sturdy stuff) skeleton things with plastic molding on it. also, the parts that open and close never gets loose.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Leave it to a GG&A guy to give the best reply in the pit

2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!