Im looking for an amp, and at first it was a tube combo, but ive seen how cheep i can get a vox lil night train half stack (£190) and with a budget of £300 that would be great! ive also looked at other guitar heads, like the solid state Behringer VT100FXH Virtube. its alot for a bed room but i was just going to get a 1x12 cab for it to keep the power as low as can be. i also looked at the Kustom KG100HFX. also good for me. going onto tube heads...
i looked at the Blackstar HT-1R Head and it looks brilliant! also the VHT Special 6 Ultra Head Bundle looks good too! the Blackheart Little Giant BH5H Bundle looked pleasing too.
i looked at the bugera 6260 212 combo before, it looked great for the price. which out of this bundle is the best one here? and if you have reccomendations the head will have to be no more than £230 if its not a bundle, and the total price will have to be less than £280, £300 at a large push if its an amazing deal.
i play metal, indie, prog metalcore etc. like parkway drive, periphery, arctic monkeys, the beatles, satch, vai, hendrix.

thankyouuuuuu.

*EDIT. i will be selling my current effects pedal - the boss me50 and my amp - line 6 spider iv 30, and buying more pedals like the metal muff, Crybaby wah etc, so i have power to put infront of the amp.

Ill also be using a Harley Benton G112 or a kustom defender 112

Ive also found the jet city Picovalve , is this any good?
WOOOOO I FOUND A JET CITY JCA20H FOR £230!!! i think this is my best bet but - prove me wrong if needed
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Last edited by leigh596 at Aug 7, 2011,
get the blackstar, i feel like their quality is far more superior than any of the other amps you listed.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Out of those for the heavy stuff you play: Bugera 6260

Those small tube amps (except the HT-1 maybe) will do the lighter stuff fine, but for metal they aren't great.
Quote by iceh88
get the blackstar, i feel like their quality is far more superior than any of the other amps you listed.

The Blackstar is better quality than a Vox Night Train????
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
andertons
fender super champ
blackstar ht5
v22

at thomanns, 6260
laney cub?
So the end vote. Which is best? Imo its the bugera 6260, the Jet city jca20h with the cab, or the blackstar with the cab. Plus, if anyone can find me a blackstar ht 5h for about £230 that would be awesome
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by Cathbard
The Blackstar is better quality than a Vox Night Train????

Its a lil night train. Do you think this is best here?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by MM14
I say go with the 20 watt Jet City combo

The combo is a bit more than i want to pay, im just going to get the head with the harley benton g112, if thats my best bet
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
A quality 20 watt combo is infinitely better than a dirt cheap 4 watt quarter stack

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
A quality 20 watt combo is infinitely better than a dirt cheap 4 watt quarter stack

yeah but what about blackstar? they arent so cheap, they have 1 and 5 watt heads. i was thinking on the jet city jca20h with the harley bento g112 cab
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
Its a lil night train. Do you think this is best here?

It's the one I'd go for out of the one's listed but tbh I wouldn't buy any of them. The JCA20 sounds like a plan for what you will be using it for.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by MM14

yeah, but i think i'd prefer the head and cab, that way, next time i buy an amp i'd just need the head
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
its between jet city and the vox lil night train now, but i noticed there were no comments on the kustom and behringer, theyre probably the worst... i looked at a blackstar ht5 in my range, surely theyll be around a while?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
yeah, but i think i'd prefer the head and cab, that way, next time i buy an amp i'd just need the head

well no because you will need to upgrade the cab and then if you try and then sell that harley benton cab you won't get much for it
The Behringer is just a complete piece of junk with no redeeming features. Kustom make some nice tube amps but their SS stuff is rubbish. That's why nobody commented on them, they weren't worth the effort.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The Behringer is just a complete piece of junk with no redeeming features. Kustom make some nice tube amps but their SS stuff is rubbish. That's why nobody commented on them, they weren't worth the effort.

yeah, pretty much a waste of time, but i thought id put them in just to mix in solidstates. so jca20 and cab is my best bet?
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by MM14
well no because you will need to upgrade the cab and then if you try and then sell that harley benton cab you won't get much for it

nah, ill keep that probably, or i could replace the speaker. theres a better sound from the head imo
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700