That is some of the best stuff I've heard from a member of this site in a while

Normally I don't like making critical remarks because there's a zillion things I would change about other people's recordings if it were up to me (and I already spend waaaay too much time on the internets), but because this is so good I'll be happy to make some marginal comments ->

First of all, the instruments don't come out sounding particularly tight in the mix, the guitar sounds a liiiitle bit squiffy for this type of music -at least for my taste, I would probably use some compression to tighten the tone up a bit- (great playing tho) and if there's one thing I would change it'd pbbly be the drums because I find the playing to be a bit boring overall -> ask people on this site about some progressive drummers and they'll most likely come up with names like Mike Portnoy

Now both you and I know that wouldn't work at all. But actually, some Stewart Copeland-type stuff would be perfect for this (doesn't necessarily have to be tight or hi-hat driven: moving the backbeat back or forth a ¼ beat and experimenting with that can really juice up certain sections of your song, especially if the drumming changes as soon as you go the the bridge, chorus or verse, etc.). I know latin is one of the most difficult genres to play for a drummer, especially when combined with a bit of prog, but when pulled off correctly (think Steve Gadd or Lenny White from Return to Forever) it can make for some of the coolest drumming you'll ever hear

The composition itself sounds pretty astonishing tho, and most important of all: it's original and really fun to listen to. Don't be afraid to re-record it in the future, I'm sure you'll be able to make it sound more professional, if you ever want to achieve such a thing that is...

Oh, and you might wanna put the link to that stuff in your signature (I couldn't find you on Facebook for starts)

Cheers!

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Aug 8, 2011,
Thanks for your comments! I agree the drums could be more interesting through most of the parts but our new drummer prefers to keep things simple in the studio. I also agree about the guitar tone, I thought I was the only one who didn't like it, lol.

We will keep releasing songs from the EP every week, the facebook address is https://www.facebook.com/SicKasMe Maybe you couldn't find it because you're in Holland? I know some social networking sites have weird issues sometimes with other countries.

Also, the myspace still has an old song from before I joined if you'd like to hear more: http://www.myspace.com/SicKasMeOfficial
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.