Ive been asking alot of questions about this PodHD and I just cannot seem to find much information about using it in the effects loop of a half stack.

Would it be possible to set my gear up like this because I absolutely love my Maxon OD808...

Guitar --> Maxon OD808-->AMP

then from the AMP effects send, connnect the PodHD500 and then connect a cable back from the PodHD500 into the effects return of my Peavey amp.

Would this let me have my distorted and overdriven sound of my amp and allow me to turn the effects of the PodHD500 on and off separately?

Thankyou!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I know you are trying to figure some stuff out but man you've got a lot of threads going tonight

Lol my third thread and LAST...promise
if you put it in the effects loop you can just turn effects on and off from the pod. but youll have to hit the amp's footswitch to switch channels.

one cool thing about the pod, though, is you can assign multiple effects to one footswitch. this will limit your tap dancing. you can be playing with a dry distorted tone, then hit your amp's footswitch and hit one switch on the pod and nwo youll be playing a clean sound with chorus, reverb, and delay. does that make sense? thats just an example of what you could do.

if you want to be able to have everything in one stomp, i would suggest a tc electronics g major+foot controller. it will allow you to turn effects on/ff AND change channels in one hit. i used to have my set up like that, and it worked well. however, i am now using a pod hd500 because it suits my needs better
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
if you put it in the effects loop you can just turn effects on and off from the pod. but youll have to hit the amp's footswitch to switch channels.

one cool thing about the pod, though, is you can assign multiple effects to one footswitch. this will limit your tap dancing. you can be playing with a dry distorted tone, then hit your amp's footswitch and hit one switch on the pod and nwo youll be playing a clean sound with chorus, reverb, and delay. does that make sense? thats just an example of what you could do.

if you want to be able to have everything in one stomp, i would suggest a tc electronics g major+foot controller. it will allow you to turn effects on/ff AND change channels in one hit. i used to have my set up like that, and it worked well. however, i am now using a pod hd500 because it suits my needs better

awesome thanks!

I will actually be without my tube amp for a while so it will just be my guitar and the PodHD500...but I wanted to know for when I return!
Last edited by dvm25 at Aug 8, 2011,