hello, i agreed to step in and help my friends band play a show in a couple months, they're playing a gig with 800+ people in attendance and I have never played a gig before in my life. to make it worse im playing a genre of music im not entirely familiar with.I can play the song well but im still perfecting it and im just nervous im gonna mess up does anyone have any good advice of how to deal with this?

here's the song were playing btw im playing rythmn guitar and alternating on some lead stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGzJVKtW6g&ob=av3e
You'll also need to focus on your stage presence, you don't want to seem to be just standing around playing, so remember you'll need to ease up on stage and move around. Maybe a couple of drinks may help ease you up if its the only option XD
Quote by Shayden2008
You'll also need to focus on your stage presence, you don't want to seem to be just standing around playing, so remember you'll need to ease up on stage and move around. Maybe a couple of drinks may help ease you up if its the only option XD

haha ok good advice i was planning on jumping around or whatever unless im playing a lead part lol