Page 1 of 3
Now I'm 16 and a lot of the Pit is teenagers, so I figure there's quite a few young drivers out here. So share some of your experiences and mistakes with me.

Now I try to drive safe and I've never had an accident, but once I flat out ran a stop sign at a Y intersection at full speed. Sucks thinking what could've happened if there was a car, but I was hilariously looking both ways and saw no cars, I just didn't realize the sign was for my side of the Y.

And yes I am one of those guys who tries to obey all the laws and rules regarding driving.

One time it seemed like I cut this guy off in town during heavy traffic, because I changed lanes fast without blinking, but due to the one way nature of the road I was on. (Sidenote: Screw non-blinkers!!1) I should've been the only one moving in the intersection because I had a green arrow. Although it could've been someone else's horn, so I have no idea.He just appeared behind me and I heard a horn.

I drive a bright Yellow '03 Toyata Celica GT-S, which is famous for being the one with the big ass wing. So kinda attract a lot of attention in my sexy coupe.

Share stories, commence!

My license allows me to drive by myself, but with no one else under 18 who isn't family. I have to have my license for 6 months to drive with one passenger my age, and I'm almost there. I gain another passenger every 6 months until I'm 18. Then I can carry however many I want. I also have a curfew between 12 am and 6 am until I'm 18, which is a retarded law if you ask me. It's to prevent "Gang activities" or something.
Quote by Nelsean
The world needs more buttmonkeys.

Quote by Eddie4President
The Buttmonkey for best username, most intelligent posts of 21st century.
Quote by StewieSwan
Good. The world needs more of you.
Last edited by The Buttmonkey at Aug 8, 2011,
I constantly think that traffic lights are red when they are actually green.

been driving for 5 years now.

I'm getting better about covering my **** ups now though. Like I'll turn to take an alternate route.

But yeah. Also didn't turn right on red for like 2 years after I got my license.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by The Buttmonkey
And yes I am one of those guys who tries to obey all the laws and rules regarding driving.

Check out my band Disturbed
I never really had any problems, but the first time my mother took me on a highway, which I was not use to, I was stuck behind an 18 wheeler going up a hill so I put my blinker on to pass him and apparently another car had the same idea, I almost hit him because I didn't check my mirrors =/ Other than that I don't think I've had any problems
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Worst thing I ever did was backing up into my dad's friends van. There was no visible damage and so I sped off. Also, during a pretty bad winter storm I was going too fast and I went straight through a stoplight that was red, and drifted into the curb while somehow not getting hit by 30 cars. Was scared to drive for like a month after that
Last edited by Lost Dog at Aug 8, 2011,
The only trouble I've had was when I was exiting a freeway at the speed limit, like 35 mph, it was a long offramp that divulged into two lanes. I was already drifting towards the left lane, and signaled. As I pulled in, the guy behind me sped up, and was going at least 50, almost clipped the back of my car, luckily I swerved out of the way.
I parked in a parking space, and my mom was yelling at me about something, and i went to go back up a little bit but forgot to put it in reverse... Lol hit the damn lamp post.. >_<

Edit: i forgot to put it in reverse, so i pressed the gas and went forward instead right into the damn lamp post... Lol, that makes better sense..
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
Last edited by EndOfNothing656 at Aug 8, 2011,
I oversteered to a degree that involved crossing over a median strip, across the wrong side of the road, up onto a grassed footpath sort of thing (wasn't actually in a footpath. Not in town or anything) and almost into a storm drain.

That was the first time I ever went driving. It was the classic "Throw the kid in and watch him swim."

I swam at 20k's an hour in 60 zones and managed to almost sink in a storm drain.

Great first time.
Last edited by Disturbed_EMG at Aug 8, 2011,
I once reversed into the wrong side of the road when my driving instructor was in the car. He was not pleased. I've also been close to reversing into a tree, ditch, other cars etc. Sometimes I really drive like a woman.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm super cautious when driving, so I haven't had many problems. I pulled out infront of some lady once when I was driving for the first time in a big city. My first middle finger, woohoo.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Learning to drive a stick was a bitch. Everytime I stopped on a hill, the car would die on me.
I was driving on a back road near some woods in the winter and seeing around the curves was pretty difficult. It didn't look icy but as I rounded a corner, I saw a van and had to break so I wouldn't hit it.

He stopped quickly and I slammed the breaks. I slid on the ice away from him toward a snow bank, then toward him, then away again but this time my car did a 180 and kept going forward (now backwards to me) until I was going in reverse right up beside his car. My car stopped so that we were parallel and he rolled down, face aghast and asked if I was okay.

I said "Yup. You?" Then drove off in the wrong direction like I had planned it. No damage or collision or anything.
Last edited by D&DLover at Aug 8, 2011,
The first time I drove was in my uncle's car and he's really tall so he lowered the seat and I couldn't get it back up so I had to sit on a little box and I was scared I was going to fall off the box the whole time And on the way home a bunch of horses ran across the road right in front of us and I drove into a field. But nothing disastrous has happened so far.

I still need to get my license though
cat
Quote by Lost Dog
Worst thing I ever did was backing up into my dad's friends van. There was no visible damage and so I sped off. Also, during a pretty bad winter storm I was going too fast and I went strait through a stoplight that was red, and drifted into the curb while somehow not getting hit by 30 cars.

Haha, speaking of winter storms, here in Gerogia, last winter there was a really big (Strong? Powerful?) Double or triplle freeze were huge areas got covered in 2 or 3 layers of rock solid ice. You can see how in Georgia (Specifically, Atlanta) where people already can't drive, things would dangerous in the super ice, because it rarely freezes down here.

It was rediculous. I'd never seen anything like it. It was piled like 3 inches from the ground and you could stand on it without cracking it, so it was like an ice skating rink, just freaking everywhere.

My dad, who is an Air taffic controller, was forced to stay overnight at work, and then work overtime the next day, because A they thought odds were good that he would wreck on the way home, and B because lots of people had wrecked trying to get there and they need to have a minimum number of people talking to planes and junk.

As a side note, I don't get all the cynicism and distrust for Air Traffic Controllers these days... You'd sleep during a midnight shift if you had to work a different shift every ****ing day! Most of the time there's NO. DAMN. PLANES. flying during a midnight shift anyways, so they might as well sleep or watch movies!
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by Eddie4President
Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by Kensai
I once reversed into the wrong side of the road when my driving instructor was in the car. He was not pleased. I've also been close to reversing into a tree, ditch, other cars etc. Sometimes I really drive like a woman.

That's sexist. The politically correct term is Asian.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

A truck merged before the line and hit the front of my car. She still has the battle wounds.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Never been in an accident, and I've only been pulled over three times, with no tickets to show for it.
Quote by fearofthemark

All the the white people here suck at driving and I live in Asia

wat
cat
I was pretty lucky when I was learning, I did some sketchy things that could have caused accidents but nothing bad really happened. Worst thing I've done is just tap a car when parking on a city curb. No damage or scratches, just taped license plates.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I didn't know that the car would still move if I wasn't pressing the gas pedal, so I basically floored it my first time driving.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
In my first week of driving, I was going along a dual carriage way in the outside lane. I checked my blind spot over my left shoulder and when I turned around again I was half on the central reservation headed straight for a lamppost. I swerved and avoided it but it was very scary.
Bristol Rovers

Up the Gas!

Please, call me Joe.
Quote by guitarxo

wat

East Asian, to be specific. Them f*ckers CAN NOT drive. The Indians and bangladeshis, etc. are decent drivers, they drive all of our taxis but for some reason, Chinese people cannot drive for shit. It's ridiculous. My Chinese friend told me that it's because there are no traffic laws in china, just "guidelines".
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Also a deer ran across the road in front of me for the first time Saturday. I didn't even have to slow down, so I guess it had stopped and looked both ways before hauling ass across the road. My dad, whom I was talking to sounding like he had shat brix tho. What he did basically equated to squealing and pointing at it. Real helpful.

Funnily enough, we actually continued our conversation and 10 minutes later, I was like "So, did you see that deer?" "Yup" "Cuz I totally saw it"
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by Eddie4President
Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by fearofthemark

Quote by StewieSwan

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by fearofthemark
East Asian, to be specific. Them f*ckers CAN NOT drive. The Indians and bangladeshis, etc. are decent drivers, they drive all of our taxis but for some reason, Chinese people cannot drive for shit. It's ridiculous. My Chinese friend told me that it's because there are no traffic laws in china, just "guidelines".

But most people here are Chinese and they drive okay
cat
Quote by Nelsean

Yes.

I think...
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by Eddie4President
Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by guitarxo
But most people here are Chinese and they drive okay
He's talking about the ones in America.

And I never notice the race of other drivers.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've been actually been driving since I was 12, small town, but I've never had any accidents, hit anything, or tickets. I've driven full size trucks, vans, small cars, with trailers, pretty much anything you can drive without a special license since I only got my G2's (Full license soon) The way I see it, if you don't panic, keep a calm mindset, and pay attention to your surroundings you'll be fine. The only thing I worry about since I moved up to a city is the other GOD AWEFUL drivers. The big thing I have to watch for is other peoples' driving
Quote by guitarxo

wat

Well, only half the white people here suck at driving while pretty much every Asian driver sucks.

What now???

Of course, this is all just a matter of perspective
Gear:

Schecter Omen-6
Custom-built explorer (my first build)
Schecter Damian-6
Two strat copies
Home-made PitBull Guitars Flying V
Blackstar HT-1RH
Blackstar HT-Metal
Dunlop KH95 Wah
Went to pull out of a park without looking and just as I did a car went zooming past me. A second later and I probably would have spun out the guy with the flick of a wrist, I LOLed.
The worst on my side would have to a few weeks ago while i was having an arguement with a passenger. Sped through a red light (accidentally) and was quickly stopped by local traffic police who insisted on taking me for drug tests. After a huge debate they settled on a R1500 fine (approx. $120). Could have been worse?
"To play without passion is inexcusable." - Beethoven
I refuse to let anyone who just got their G2 (Ontario's first license that lets you drive alone) drive me anywhere. Too many hot shot drivers and near-death experiences for me. I was no exception (except that I wasn't a hot shot... I just sucked at driving haha) - I definitely caused a few people to lose a few years learning to drive.
poop
Last edited by awseomeguy at Aug 8, 2011,
I've never noticed the race of drivers until I was almost ran off the free way by a small grey coupe. After I got around and sped up, I was met with the sardonic realization of race. She was asian.
Quote by awseomeguy
I refuse to let anyone who just got their G2 (Ontario's first license that lets you drive alone) drive me anywhere. Too many hot shot drivers and near-death experiences for me. I was no exception (except that I wasn't a hot shot... I just sucked at driving).

Agreed. I hate the fact all drivers roughly my age get generalized as that too. I've had people just say that about me without actually ever being in a vehicle with me.
I was fixing to pull out of a post office and a mail box was blocking the view so I was about to go without looking, like a fag, but I stopped and looked, and sure enough, there was a car that would've hit me, or have had to avoid me. It's the little things that make driving safer for everybody.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by Eddie4President
Quote by StewieSwan
I ran over an entire bush trying to park my dad's truck at Rite-Aid. I hauled ass out of there in embarrassment while the Salvation Army guy's at the outside of the store looked at me in complete shock.
LARGE TEXT
the first day I had my license I started going into a ditch, so I over corrected and I ended up doing a 360 in the middle of the road going about 50 mph. Amazingly I pulled it off and drove away.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
im 17, still on my learners and only done 40 "legal" hours driving as I work full time and have little spare time, I drive with my knees, no crashes not even close to any.
Attachments:
1286418584859s.jpg
I couldn't merge onto the freeway/expressway for shit...
I never did that "hand over hand" thing either..

Besides all that. I'm a fairly decent driver...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Page 1 of 3