My grandpa recently passed away, and digging through his basement I found an acoustic guitar in a case. It said Grand Suzuki on the inside of the soundhole. It's actually got a real nice tone, not as bright as a Taylor, something like a modern fender acoustic. I would guess it's from the 60s or 70s, but I really have no clue.

I can't find ANYTHING online about these guitars though. I found this picture along with the model name MD-202, but it's not quite the same guitar as the one I found. Does anyone have have a clue what this guitar is or what it's worth?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pvJdyAnoebg/SCLe17LOCYI/AAAAAAAAAR8/HLWFCLoU3fE/s1600-h/grand-suzuki-md-202-1.jpg

(I assume it's something like Yamaha, how Suzuki is a company that just makes everything, except the quality is much better than any Yamaha I've seen)
Whether I am a hungry rabbit or a frightened carrot, my home is the same.
Last edited by Bill43 at Aug 8, 2011,
Not sure if you noticed, but even though you posted a plethora of links, only one of them featured a "grand-suzuki" guitar.

I already searched google extensively, and after finding nothing on them about materials, model year, or price i decided to post here.
Quote by dontstopblevin
Not sure if you noticed, but even though you posted a plethora of links, only one of them featured a "grand-suzuki" guitar.

I already searched google extensively, and after finding nothing on them about materials, model year, or price i decided to post here.

I guess you really didn't look too well.

If you would have noticed, Suzuki was known as the Kiso Suzuki Violin Company and the Nagoya Suzuki Violin Company. Both "offshoots" made the "Grand" Suzuki models.

Now the Company is known as Suzuki... none of this Kiso or Nagoya stuff anymore.

In looking into the "Grand" Suzuki's, they were mostly Martin copies made in the early 70's. The copies were so exact and so good that Martin sued. They don't make the "Grand" anymore. The Japanese were very good at making great copies of many different guitars, both acoustic and electric. There's been a plethora of lawsuits over all of them and most of the old "lawsuit" guitars are highly regarded by many luthiers and players alike.
I liked your second answer much more than your first one. Thank you.