Hi!

So I got my boss gt-8 couple of days ago and I've found out that my amp is in need for an upgrade and I'd like to know what kind of inexpensive amp would be doing great with the gt-8 so it wouldn't sound muddy or you know "closed" so it would have some punch in it if you know what I mean. Mainly a practice amp but still I could have some small gigs with it in the future and some recordings.

thanks!
why didn't you get a GT-10 instead? i assume a fender mustang (I, II) would be perfect.
Quote by Kowaru
why didn't you get a GT-10 instead? i assume a fender mustang (I, II) would be perfect.

one simple answer. I'm a poor student
Will you use amp simulation from the gt8, that means, would you be able to get the sound you want from using headphones with your gt8? If so, buying a cheap power amp and a 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet could be an option. Perheps even a keyboard amp or a small pa? Other users know more about this than I do.
Quote by Torppe
Hi!

So I got my boss gt-8 couple of days ago and I've found out that my amp is in need for an upgrade and I'd like to know what kind of inexpensive amp would be doing great with the gt-8 so it wouldn't sound muddy or you know "closed" so it would have some punch in it if you know what I mean. Mainly a practice amp but still I could have some small gigs with it in the future and some recordings.

thanks!

Those words pretty much describe the GT-8 to me...had one for years and I could never get it to sound "open" or defined. And I've been playing it through 2x12 V30s, 4x12 G12T075, and a Mesa poweramp.

Anything tube without effects should do it. More important for this thing is the speakers you use.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Aug 8, 2011,