Like the title suggests I want to buy one of those guitars.
Now I allready found a recent thread with those guitars but it isn't going anywhere and I need to make a desicision soon.

They're both around 650 euros and any suggestion from your side in the same price range is verry welcome.

The Ibanez is a premium, but that does not really say anything while it's its first year, so they do need to make a name for themselfs first.

I Play some old school rock like AC/DC and Guns N' Roses but mainly Metallica and Rise against kinda stuff. I do prefer that the guitar also has a nice clean sound for stuff like 21 guns, kryptonite and nothing else matters.
So what do you think?!
Can you play either model? Their necks are very different. Actually, they have next to nothing in common.

What is the rest of your gear?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Can you play either model? Their necks are very different. Actually, they have next to nothing in common.

What is the rest of your gear?

Yeah I could and I will, but it's nice to have some knowledge from other people before trying both. And maybe some will suggest another one, so this is like pre-buy stuff xD

I have a Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt amp. I know its not much but i use a decent pedal, the Digitech RP355. And I record directly into the computer so the amp is merely for practice. Don't have giggs yet, but we have a starting band so that amp will be my moniter when and if I will be on stage.
i own the m-300. i use it for metal and to be honest i expected a bit more from it. i don't know...overall it's a great sounding guitar, just the tremolo is not that good. finetuners are stiff, it gets out of tune for no reason from time to time and the strings slip out (?!?!) .

but as far as i know the ibanez is pretty much the same (if you look at the general quality). i played it a few times because a friend owns it.
maybe i still prefer the ltd it sounds a bit...bigger.

but at the end your feel for the neck count's the most i guess.
Quote by Smokey McPot
i own the m-300. i use it for metal and to be honest i expected a bit more from it. i don't know...overall it's a great sounding guitar, just the tremolo is not that good. finetuners are stiff, it gets out of tune for no reason from time to time and the strings slip out (?!?!) .

but as far as i know the ibanez is pretty much the same (if you look at the general quality). i played it a few times because a friend owns it.
maybe i still prefer the ltd it sounds a bit...bigger.

but at the end your feel for the neck count's the most i guess.

The strings slip out, thats wierd :P maybe different gauge? anyway how is the clean sound?
I'd go for the Ibanez personally, but you should try them both if you can and go for the one you prefer. No one else can really tell you which guitar is best for you.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Are they both like evenly good and thus only have to choose which one plays best for me or are there more differences like in how good are the pups for what i like to play and build quality etc.?
You have 650 euros and your not even going to look second hand or what?

Seriously, dont bother with a Premium if you can afford a 2nd hand Prestige.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
You have 650 euros and your not even going to look second hand or what?

Seriously, dont bother with a Premium if you can afford a 2nd hand Prestige.

What's so bad about the Premium?
I've never been a person who buys second hand, not that I am super rich or something. Just that I like it to be mine first so no shit has happent to my stuff.
But yeah it is still an option, don't know where to look though besides e-bay...
in addition to what tom's saying, you can probably find a new prestige for that if you look hard enough. the 1451 should be around that. and you can normally find NOS 1570s for around that, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wow don't know if it true but this online shop says that this
Dean Michael A Batio MAB1 laze is now 700 euro instead of 1550 euro and the
Dean Michael A. MAB1 armored flame for 800 instead of 1550
Good deal?

These guitars were suggested by a friend of mine, looked it up and it is verry nice priced now. I also get a guitar case with it, something I allready planned to buy
do you have links?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you have links?

For the specs or the offer?

In case of the laser I can't find the original page but the specs are the same as the other one I believe Dean MAB
for the offer... just to make sure they're not selling a lower model as a higher one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
for the offer... just to make sure they're not selling a lower model as a higher one

ok thnx for the effort here they are:

http://www.feedback.nl/shop/productdetails.aspx?id=100005484&itemno=104136#specifications

http://www.feedback.nl/shop/product/gitaar/dean-michael-a.-mab1-armored-flame/100005490/FBR101335

it's in dutch so don't know if you can read that, and maybe there is the option to turn the page into english. hope you have enough info now
thanks.

I think they're probably ok... they seem to have the same spec as the mab4 on the dean website.

I don't speak dutch but i did a little german in school and (when written down) it's close enough that i can get the gist of it. Plus most guitar jargon is pretty much english, anyway (floyd rose, for example).

I'm no dean expert, though, so don't quote me. LOL. Just from looking at the websites, they seem to be ok.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yep, you're right. i tried so hard to get it the right way round i got it backwards

the laser just looks to be an mab1 with a different finish? Could be wrong, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

the laser just looks to be an mab1 with a different finish? Could be wrong, though.

I believe you're right about that one Comment on youtube suggested the same, I will ask in the shop though.

Now I've got the problem that the 2 guitars from the topic are from a different store than this dean -_-

But all these 3 guitars are about the same quality? or is that MAB1 a verry good deal for this price and thus better?
I just need to know if I have to deside between the difference in quality or just the how the guitar plays etc?
i'm not sure... i haven't really tried any of the more recent deans. certainly going by the old price the shop was selling for, it appears to be a good deal, though that's somewhat tempered by the fact that (a) the shop's old price may have been higher than elsewhere and (b) deans tend to be a bit overpriced in europe (maybe everywhere?)

So yeah... it's kinda up to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm not sure... i haven't really tried any of the more recent deans. certainly going by the old price the shop was selling for, it appears to be a good deal, though that's somewhat tempered by the fact that (a) the shop's old price may have been higher than elsewhere and (b) deans tend to be a bit overpriced in europe (maybe everywhere?)

I searched on other sites for the price of this guitar and i found one for 1200 so yeah they did upgrade their price a bit, but still a good deal i guess.

Quote by Dave_Mc
So yeah... it's kinda up to you.

Yeah i Know, always has been :P problem is that the store is just so far away, so i wanted some good intel + otherwise i would'nt had found that Dean...

Thnx for all the help
Last edited by Zybrid at Aug 9, 2011,
yep i mean if you can find prices elsewhere, then that'll give you more of an idea. that's normally what happens with deals like that... they list the rrp or something like that to make the deal seem better than it is, but if it's still a fair bit cheaper than anywhere else it's still a good deal (as long as you like it and it's in good condition).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok so I have ordered the Dean MAB1 Laser at the store a bit closer then the store for the 2 guitars from the topic start. And will try it like next week and will also try a guitar that's close to the ones of the topic start. Thought they had a prestige or something but the neck should be the same. So I really hope I like this Dean Instantly otherwise i have to go really far to see if they other 2 will do...
Final check, did i miss anything? or still have some tips when trying a guitar to see if it's good? (now is your chance xD)
jenny did a great post in the info sticky about trying out guitars:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675 (post #6)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah sweet, thanks

But that's just about it... basically look out for anything obviously wrong. I mean I'm not sure you'd be able to spot everything while in the shop, but even if you spot something dodgy once you get it home you can return it under warranty for a repair/replacement/refund depending on the local laws and when you actually notice the fault.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?