I've been told a while back that when transporting my 4x12 cab (1960s Lead Marshall), that I should have it laying on it's side or on its front face and never on the back. I'm talking about car transportation-- is this true?
Without really knowing, I would guess that up-right would be best because the speakers remain in the original position as opposed to possibly hanging thru and maybe tearing the paper/rubber surrounds. By the same principle, on it's side would have the same result. On it's back the speakers could possibly rest on the magnets, but not sure how much damage that could do.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Quote by Lil'hl
Well. It whould not be a problem unless a) the speakers are not mounted properly or b) you have something in your car that has the potential to break the grill cloth and possibly the speaker, such as a knife or a chainsaw thats turned on.

Watch out for Samurai swords too now that you at it. And landmine, they are not good for amps against all common knowledge.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
in the interest of balance im going to say that transporting your amp with a chainsaw thats turned on is totally safe
Quote by funeralllllllll
in the interest of balance im going to say that transporting your amp with a chainsaw thats turned on is totally safe

i'd have to agree with this. it's common sense really.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.