Hello everyone,
in a weeks time i'm getting my new iMac and i wanna make sure how exactly to record electric guitar the best way possible at home.

i've got a boss GT-8 whice i'm planing on using for recording some of the time.
my quistion are -

1. which USB/Firewire recording interface (like M-audio mobilepre) should i buy that will enable me connecting two PL cable (left and right) from the GT-8 in order to record stereo sound and use the abilty of the Gt-8 to set two channels with different amps and settings together (such as one clean amp with some reverb and the other with overdrive... gives u alot of unique sounds).

2. will i be able to record the sound that i set with my GT-8 in garageband without using the software's amp simulation? and how should it be done? because when u choose a guitar track it wants u to set setting for an amp simulator and pedals....

i will also use a mic to record my wonderful Peavey Classic 30 tube amp but that's hardly an issue.

I Hope to get an answer quickly so i can start setting the studio before the mac arrives! thanks!
Doesn't the GT8 have a USB out on it? If so, then that is all you will need. Plug it in, set it as your input for the track and that's it.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.