So I have a problem with switching a bunch of pedals at the same time when playing live. Even if I'm just going from my basic clean to my basic lead channel, I have to switch 3 pedals (amp footswitch, noise suppressor, and boost). This leads to problems when I have to switch channels instantly. Even the channel footswitch alone takes about a half second to actually switch when I push it. Does anyone know of a way around this so I can switch more instantly?
I hate my sig
Well for pedals you can build a 'bypass loop.' Its literally just four jacks and a switch, with the switch off it will send your signal in and out the pedal unchanged, with the switch engaged your signal goes in then out to a seperate 'loop' between the other two jacks and then back out the 'out' jack. This would mean your lead pedals would already be on, and you'd just be adding them to your signal physically with one switch. I use a loop for my whole board so I can play completely clean, then my whole board on (not that I would want to do that but I could) then back to completely clean with only one stomp.

The channel switching is a problem though. Without going to a much more complex set up you just have to deal with that one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Well for pedals you can build a 'bypass loop.' Its literally just four jacks and a switch, with the switch off it will send your signal in and out the pedal unchanged, with the switch engaged your signal goes in then out to a seperate 'loop' between the other two jacks and then back out the 'out' jack. This would mean your lead pedals would already be on, and you'd just be adding them to your signal physically with one switch. I use a loop for my whole board so I can play completely clean, then my whole board on (not that I would want to do that but I could) then back to completely clean with only one stomp.

The channel switching is a problem though. Without going to a much more complex set up you just have to deal with that one.

Ok that is definitely an option.

So the bypass wouldn't have any effect on the actual amp channel, correct? I guess that would at least bring it down to just 2 boxes I have to stomp
I hate my sig
If you get a loop switcher with a MIDI system in it instead of an analog one, you could switch pedals and an amp channel with one button. Try something like the Rocktron Patchmate. It would end up being expensive, but I guess if you have the money it would be worth it.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb
Laney VC15
Cabs:
2x Blackheart 1x12
Guitar:
PRS SE Soapbar II
Pedalboard:
Line 6 M13, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Synth Wah, Boss SD-1, Biyang OD-8 (Tubescreamer Clone)
Band:
Fixtures <<Click Here
just learn to stomp quicker, you have to practice it just like you have to practice playing and performing
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Voodoo Labs make a couple of electronics that allow you to setup various effects and channel switching to banks.

You would have to buy a Commander...
http://www.voodoolab.com/commander.htm

and a Pedal Switcher...
http://www.voodoolab.com/switcher.htm

Probably the easiest to do other than pedal hopping, but will cost you. And since you are only switching two pedals on/off it's might not be the most cost effective.

Or you could go full MIDI if your amp is MIDI capable.

It all depends on your budget and current gear.
Last edited by Sputnik1 at Aug 8, 2011,