Bought a Valveking head on eBay a few months back. It sounds great at a low level, but as soon as i crank the volume past 5 it feedbacks like there's no tomorow. I think there is possibly an issue with the wiring as it's been customised with blue LED's. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what could be the problem and what can be done to resolve it.

Cheers,
Jon.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DXFX - now out of production.

Peavey Valveking 100w Custom head
Marshall 4x12 cab
Line6 30w spider4 practice amp.
It could be the LEDs, but seeing as you're cranking the volume up, it could just be because you're standing in front of the amp!

Does it stop feeding back as you get further away from it?
I have the Same Head And im betting it's you standig in front of it facing it, Try facing the guitar away from the amp, and standing further from it at louder volumes.... i had the same problem....
Can you post a pic ft the leds, and it could be a bad tube in it or like you said bad wiring. Quick fix is a noise gate (get the MXR one thats what i use and it's solid.)
Gain is at 10 , so that could possibly be it
I get the same problem with it no matter how far away i stand, i can stand in another room and it has the same problem which makes me think there could be something else :S
Gear:

Ibanez RGT42DXFX - now out of production.

Peavey Valveking 100w Custom head
Marshall 4x12 cab
Line6 30w spider4 practice amp.