I have a Jackson SL2H with an original FR. I love the trem even if it is a pain to setup. However I play a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm looking for a device to lock the trem so I can do country-ish bends without the other strings detuning. I do use the trem though so I would like to be able to easily remove/unlock the system. Lastly I do not want to damage or modify the guitar in anyway. I have worked hard to keep this guitar all original and undamaged. No hole drilling, body routing, etc. I know this is a pretty specific request but I figure UG is bound to be full of people who know something about it.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
Quote by irollemphat
http://www.tremol-no.com/

i was thinking about getting one of these...i think steve vai uses something very similar.

i was just gonna say that. i have one, and love it. but i think steve vai uses some thing made by ibanez that has two springs and is a couple hundred dollars. but nevertheless the tremolno is great
Quote by Lagunaguitar
i was just gonna say that. i have one, and love it. but i think steve vai uses some thing made by ibanez that has two springs and is a couple hundred dollars. but nevertheless the tremolno is great

i thought about getting a tremolno but instead got what i posted before
after doing a little more research on the tremol-no, i think it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. no modifications necessary (no holes, no glues, no routes, etc.). and it's only 75 bucks...and lagunaguitar is right about the steve vai comment; some other high profile players like rusty cooley, paul allender, and dave weiner all use it and it seems pretty simple to operate.

let us know what you decide to do and maybe post a short review? i'd like to know it works for you if you get one. in the meantime, i'll keep saving my nickels and dimes...
Ok Tremol-no seems like the device for me. Can anybody help me decide whether the pin type or clamp type is better for me. Their webby says both are ok for the original FR.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
You want to play country on a Jackson? Dude, just get a Telecaster and be done with it.